Agnostic.com

10 3

Is it good to read the news?

News can be depressing truly. Its good to be aware educate yourself, all that sounds right. How long should you spend looking at world events? Maybe I need to read better news. News with ideas on how to change things for the better. What station is that on?

• 1 vote
  • 3 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 13 votes
thinkwithme 7 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm dealing with kids & old people and they are ALL scared. If I don't follow it, they will have to educate me and I'd prefer not to tramatize them even more.

I look forward to reading the newspaper every morning

It’s important to get your news from many sources both nation and international and on both sides of the aisle.

I read the news and watch it too - but not just mainsream (BBC here in the UK) but also Aljazeera, France Today and Russia Today and others.
I also have a look at some of the more left and right wing news sites too.

Without this balance it is all too easy to slip into only watching sources that fit nicely with my values and preconcieved ideas of the world around me.

I prefer to actually READ my news, as you can pause at any time & think over what you have just read. Listening or watching media, you lose a lot of your critical thinking skills as you can only try to keep up with whatever they are slinging.

I do more than read the news. I'm able to watch news broadcasts all over the world with various apps that I have. This is why I am not a Trumpian and do not drink the koolaid. For the rest of the world to see Trump as the moron that he is would take one hell of a conspiracy bordering on impossibility. Many on this site know that I am not a lover of Agolf Twitler or his insane policies.

I start every day with the News and yes, often it's depressing. CBS Sunday Morning is great and it always has some good news, inspiring features about people out there doing good. Start there, but I stick around for Face the Nation after and then just scream at the TV.

Love the way CBS Sunday Morning signs off!

Read the wallstreet journal. Always follow the money.

information is power.

g

as bad as it is I still have to keep informed

You're a brave man. I just can't take it anymore. I've about given up hope.

@Bierbasstard & just too much bad news. REALLY bad news.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:206849
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.