Agnostic.com

19 5

What is the funniest gift you have received?

My daughter Claire just called. For a wedding present, her 16-year-old niece, Nina (who looks like Claire), gave Matt and Claire:

Claire's party clothes she had loaned to Nina, that Claire asked her to return. Neatly folded. In a nice gift bag. With a note, "To Matt and Claire."

"My own clothes!" Claire said. We laughed ourselves silly.

From left: Nina, 13, and Claire, 25, at Lake Chelan after swimming in a pool in 2015.

Their fathers are brothers from a big Spanish family. Mothers are white. Amazing lookalikes!

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Two beautiful young women. Great pic.

A blowup doll at my bachelor party.

@mikebeed

Hilarious!

A large wooden box nailed shut that I couldn't get into without a crowbar. Luckily it was a gag gift and he brought his crowbar. I opened up the present and it was a crowbar.

@Kojaksmom

That is too funny!

@LiterateHiker it was! that happened about 10 years ago it's still funny to me.

A pipe and pouch of Sail tobacco, two weeks after I permanently quit smoking. I still have them, 46 years later.

Penis

A Bob Ross chia head. Its actually awesome

GwenC Level 7 Oct 24, 2018

An umbrella hat. I wish l still had it. There have been times it would have come in handy, like loading equipment in or out in the rain.

A Ziploc bag of marshmallows labeled 'Snowman Poop'!

A bottle of after shave from my ex husband ...well, he wasn't my ex at that point !

When I came to the UK, the first job I got was as a teacher of Religious Education (oh, the irony) for a six month placement, ending in December. My year 11 kids (16 year olds) did a term of Marriage & Relationships, and we had wide ranging discussions on how marriage had evolved over time, various marriage traditions, gay marriage, what constitutes a good relationship etc.
At the end of the year, they gave me a lovely present consisting of...
A riding crop with a feather in the end
A novelty cat o' nine tails
And a pair of furry handcuffs.
Should have known what the buggers had planned from the sniggering.

I guess it would have to be the face I inherited from my parents. ?

I got a goofy hat

Had a dear friend and a christmas "tradition". We'd exchange the same "redneck christmas" package. It contained two cans of Vienna sausages, a Moon Pie, a jar of pickled pig's feet, and a fruit cake. It went back and forth, no matter where either of us were living, for the better part of twenty years.

Not perhaps funny ha-ha but funny kind of sad. An old lady gave me a copy of the New English Bible, because she though that an atheist/agnostic, was someone who had difficulty with the old fashioned language in the King James version.

@DaringDavid Good idea, and you could go round hotel rooms and put markers in all the bibles there.

A gift like that with history is just the best! ha ha ha

It is funny to those with the inside story...Claire certainly got a kick out of it! ha

The funniest gift that makes me smile is one my dad gave to my mom...when she came to the USA, she had to learn to cook "american" food...my Southern relations taught her how to make biscuits...her first biscuits were inedible...like little hard rocks...

My dad took one and had it gold-plated and gave it to her as a gift...that golden biscuit sat on our fireplace all my life...I got it when my mom died...still makes me laugh!

I'm difficult to shop for so my gf gave me one thousand brand new shiny pennies ?

I loved it haha

Nina is a real cutie ? take care of her

@Cutiebeauty

"I gave Nina my party and festival clothes to cover her up," Claire said. That's hilarious because I wanted to cover up Claire, too.

"Get down from there!" I thought when Claire send me this alarming photo celebrating her 22nd birthday. "You're going to break your head!" (Claire is on the right.)

@LiterateHiker beautiful stripped dress! I can't wait for my baby to arrive! I want these kind of stories too ?

One Christmas my now ex wanted to go back to Kenya for a visit. I either bought her air ticket or gave her $1000 spending money. I can't remember which but I told her that was her Christmas present. In turn she got me a small Mickey Mouse snow globe for that Christmas.

Ok, this is a bit unusual. I received one of these from one of my best friends when I left Canada. Apparently she thought I was going to have to tame the Texans.

@Green_eyes

Hilarious! Love your sense of humor.

It needs to be bigger. Everything in texas is bigger.

Received a box of ..very expensive caramel corn from Newport Oregon a few days ago.. Same daughter who’d just visited (and agreed my new little town needs a caramel corn/ taffy shop!) mailed it three thousand miles. I’m savoring it ~

Varn Level 8 Oct 24, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:207512
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.