Agnostic.com

25 7

Do you believe in love at first sight?

I met a woman 2 days ago. Who said to me, she is in love with me. The odd thing about that is I am crazy about her, maybe love too.

I have had lust at first sight before. Just not humming, floating, and glazed in a daze of amazing possiblies.

Is this what love feels like? ?????

Castlepaloma 8 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe there can be lust, or a very strong liking of someone at first sight ... but love ? No.

Love is like a rose, it dose takes time.

Enjoy yourselves, just don't make any rush decisions.

Give it a few weeks/months; if you still feel the same way, maybe you scored the big one.

Thanks.

Isn't lust a word for the religious to use?

Well, the turned it into one of their "sins"
So, yes and no

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to explore a word. From Wikipedia: Lust is a strong emotion or feeling. The lust can take any form such as the lust for sexuality, lust for expensive objects (extravagance) or the lust for power. It can take such mundane forms as the lust for food as distinct from the need for food. Lust is a psychological force producing intense wanting for an object, or circumstance fulfilling the emotion.[1]

@HippieChick58 The bible uses the word for how men look at women. "With lust in their eyes."

@Sarahroo29 and how do you think Donald looks at money?

@HippieChick58 Lust is a very common word use by the preacher, but I guess they would know.

What if you combined love and lust.

I Luv you or I lovfff you.

@Leutrelle I am an ex Xian.

@HippieChick58 He looks at it with greed in his eyes. Along with $ signs in his eyes. Like the cartoons.

not sure but have a good time

You will find out😉

I mean... It's possible.
I don't invest much into it. But then again, I have some trust issue.
My advice would be to proceed with caution, watch for red flags, take things slow.
Don't do what some people do with that whole "love at first sight" thing and get married next week.

I think she is as wise or wiser than me. You can't love , if you can't trust.

I think we're are both crazy enough to make it happen. Getting married is control and money for the Government, she is a bit anarchist like me.

@Castlepaloma But you don't have to get married.

Nobody cares about the greatest force in the Universe. LOVE????

I can only say that it has never happened to me.

This is the first for me.

Life is short. If she makes you happy and you make her happy, go with it.

I recently read a book describing it as limerence. For better or worse, I get get affected by it. Being in love is a curse as much as a blessing. And yes I believe it happens in an instance. Enjoy every second of it!

My ex wife and I fell in love when we first met, we were together for 24 years, two beautiful kids, we are still good friends.......thats the long answer....
Short answer....yes

Yes I think it can happen. I'm demisexual and I'm not prone to that, but I have experienced it a few times in my life. I think it's rare to find others you truly connect with and if you've found it you need to give it a shot. Good luck.

Not possible. Lust and infatuation are spontaneous. Love is cultured.

Dove Level 3 Feb 9, 2018

Hey folks.update.

Taking my girl to the best Restaurant, afterwards we are building a snowman.
Fun fun fun.

She may be "in love with love", or addicted to the endorphin rush that comes with first attraction. Competence/expertise in one area is no guarantee of stability in another....enjoy but make NO legal moves!

@Anne

That seem to be somewhat the case.
I would build a woman a separate house before I marry again.

From studying her romantic relationship history and it is the only weakness I can find. She is brilliant and reads me very well as I am an open book.

My feeling now is she was desperate in our first meeting. Because the next day she told me she thought I had vanished from her. No way! I went crazy for her. Going to need some work.

I believe in love at first sight. I was in love like that once. I met him around Halloween and married him Thanksgiving day. It was not a one night hormonal trip either. We waited until we were married. Of course that wasn't long. We were married 20 years.

Keep ultimate life success stories like this pouring in. Too many horror or sad stories from Politics and Religion surrounds us.

Sounds fabulous and like the real thing! I am so happy for you! Keep enjoying the thrill of love.

It sure is thrilling, don't know how to cool down .

@Castlepaloma Just relax, let things follow what feels natural.

Thanks folks,
The members here have given me a few good ideas on handling my situation in the game of love at first sight.

Google her, now! Then enjoy!

I googled her and found out she is rich, and has had a brilliant career that I support her deeply.

I too have had a wonderful career, yet, willing to sacrifice now much more for a balance loving relationship.

The downside, now discovering, her romantic relationship successes have not been that healthy. I feel she reads me very well, yet she was really desperate to rush us together.

I'm always open and now she seems to be backing off. Timing is important, and need to open her up to find out what is blocking us.

Dude. It's hormones. Enjoy it while it lasts because it will burn out.

I'm meeting her in a fine bar tonight.

My mind is over loaded, any tips?

Only people who may have had the experience will really know. love isn't everything.

What is everything? God.

I look for the most powerful force in the Universe. Best answer is Love, not everything. Why not the most of us, use it?

God????????? no. people do love each other but can't live together you know so no love is important but it isn't everything.

Poor guy!

Poor guy?

One woman told me she rather talk about Trump than about love. Because the greatest demise for realationships is money.

The greatest demise for America is the over focus on money. Bragging Greedy puppet like Trump only knows how to take more money from you, wail giving you less. Even Mexican are happier than American.

An ultimate love balance like the woman I just met. Co-in-cide with my spiritual, realationships, physical, intelluctal, and since she has more money than I. Who needs a world Champion liar like Trump to delusion us about his stinking money.

Apparently, males are capable of "love at first sight," if the female doesn't blow it by acting too needy and aggressive.

I found that out the hard way when my male side fell head over heels in love with a transwoman about five years ago, who had been one of my American friends in Union School, Port-au-Prince, Haiti back in the late 1960s. I was taken by surprise, since females typically don't "fall in love" unless they are heavy on male traits. I'd never been in love before and had thought it was all a made up sentiment to sell merchandise. Suddenly, I was the one writing love songs, love poems, and walking on air, humming happily.

Things ended badly when the transwoman friend acted like a true female and began ordering me around, telling me which jobs to take, where to live, and even what furniture she wanted me to have. I hadn't realized before that women typically make all the decisions in relationships, since I was the one who did it before. I might be partly transmale, but I have enough female in me that it didn't take long for me to exit stage left.

It's usually safe for males to fall in love, as they are physically strong, and usually need besotted devotion to stick to one female long enough to help her progeny succeed.
Male-trait females who fall in love, however, are putting themselves at risk, as they could act like males, making excuses for bad behavior, as many men do for their girlfriends, allowing their male mates to take advantage of them, and possibly even abuse them.

I have had transgenders attracted to me because I am artistic metrosexual, just not doing the sex part.

She is Jewish, so she thinks like a guy. Very French and avid dancer, so the sex will be world class. Just can't find anything close to a deal breaker or horrible down side yet.

I have had transgenders attracted to me because I am artistic metrosexual, just not doing the sex part.

She is Jewish, so she thinks like a guy. Very French and avid dancer, so the sex will be world class. Just can't find anything close to a deal breaker or horrible down side yet.

@Castlepaloma Yeah..your femme traits are even attractive to my own male side (but always without lust, as I'm demisexual).

My ex was 6' 1," a former Navy and airline pilot, gorgeous as a Las Vegas male stripper, and his body was rock hard muscle. But he was vegan, ironed his clothes, liked to attend family events, and I had to watch him or he'd finish my housework if I turned my back to put something away. He was PERFECT..except for insane (female?) jealousy of anything that took my attention off him, even my job!

And he came out as a bi nonbinary female last year.

Like many French, I also was open to threesomes, but we only discussed it and never followed through. But you will have a great time! My ex was the only one I was with who enjoyed all the wild stuff I like to do. Most cis straight men only like "rabbit" sex (sigh).

Funny you live in KY, home of creationism.

Never done sex with more than one at a time. Yet, have many wild fantasy of threesomes. My daughter boyfriend wanting my blessings for 3some realationship. I'm not against it, just explain the many problems with it. Then my daughter dumped him.

This women I just met, were joking, I don't mind a 3some for a birthday present. Then she carried the joking on, and so was shocked and extremely turn on at the same time. She surprises me at every turn.

@Castlepaloma Sounds like you landed on your feet!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20806
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.