Agnostic.com

39 4

How proud are you of your state?

If you arn't from a State, how proud are you of wherever the hell you are from?

I am very glad to be a Marylander. It's a solid blue state, very progressive. Without Maryland's liberal stance on Medicaid, I'd be fucked. We have the lions share of the Chesapeake Bay and it's on our swamp, which we donated to the nation, that the Capital stands on. Your welcome America. We also probably have some sportsy teams, I think we are good at lacrosse.

In addition, we have the best flag. Lord Baltimore and his homies had good taste in colours and shapes.

RoboGraham 8 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments (26 - 39)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like where I am, NSW Australia but am so close to Qld I have walked there, I would like to keep my town but make it part of South Australia.

I don't know what any of that means. As far as I know, Australia = AC/DC. But I heard one of them Youngs died recently.

@RoboGraham AC/who? I know who they are but was never a fan. We only have 6 states and a couple of territories, the States are HUGE, bigger than most countries. But really, our states are so unnecessary, we have tiny populations most in cities, very little livable land, driest continent on the planet, horrible deserts.

Let's see, assuming you're talking about the one I live in now, I'd give it a big MEH.

So where is that?

@RoboGraham -- New Mexico

I used to be proud of Nebraska. We used to vote on common sense lines, instead of party lines. We used to elect whoever had the best idea, not whoever had the most funding.

Sadly, those days are pretty far gone. I've been witness to my home state falling into the partisan traps of racism and religious elitism.

I am Puerto Rican. That's says it all.... you can not spell american without the rican. You should always be proud of where you are born.

Hopefully one day it will be a state.

@RoboGraham I hope not... sorry to disappoint you. I am a firm believer of the "Independencia de la Republica de Puerto Rico". If I was born in Hawaii, Texas or Alaska I will be saying the same thing about those states.

@GipsyOfNewSpain Oh, I only say that because I think that Puerto Ricans, as American citizens, should have full representation. If they'd rather be independent, I'm fine with that. Whatever is best. I can't say because I'm not Puerto Rican.

@RoboGraham Much appreciated... we are what we are a bounty of spanish american war... a colony, the last colony in this hemisphere really. aside a couple british. many of us want the statehood and other want independence.... I want independence.

Nope. I live in one of the reddest states and one with one of the highest teen pregnancy rates, lowest teacher pay, etc. I can say that we're at least holding a referendum on medical marijuana in June, which will help some seizure patients get what they need. That's about the most progressive thing I've seen in 6 years of living here. But it's not a bad place to live, not counting all the red-state bullshit.

I'm not proud of my state. Being proud of a state seems a funny term to use. I'm glad I live in California, but not proud.

marga Level 7 Feb 8, 2018

West Virginia. Love this state. Permit-less concealed carry for all!!

I live in the flatlands in the middle of America, and Pete Ricketts is our governor. Very conservative, and currently freezing cold backwater. I am here because we moved here in 2005 for the ex's job. 2 of the kids graduated here and have stayed because their parents were here and they found jobs here and have put down some roots. The oldest moved here when she wanted to be closer to family, now she's married and starting a family. I actually grew up about 150 miles west of where I live now. I left the state after HS and didn't really expect to ever come back. Suhprize!

Grandbabies are here, I'm staying.

I live in the bible belt. Full of tweakers and mormons, I'm never sure which ones will be knocking on my door, so I'm glad I live in a state where I can protect my home even if it means killing the intruder.

I'm glad that I live in a place where I don't feel the need to kill any intruders.

@RoboGraham Death is a natural part of life; in my opinion, life is a gift and not everyone deserves it. There are people who deserve to live and there are those who deserve to die.

I am originally from a small town near Buffalo N.Y..
I didn't like the small town mentality that the people there posses.
I am currently living in Central Florida, which is a melting pot and has a lot of people that I can't identify with.
Later this week I'm moving to East TX to be with family and start over.
Maybe this will end up being a place I can be proud to call home.

I am originally from a small town near Buffalo N.Y..
I didn't like the small town mentality that the people there posses.
I am currently living in Central Florida, which is a melting pot and has a lot of people that I can't identify with.
Later this week I'm moving to East TX to be with family and start over.
Maybe this will end up being a place I can be proud to call home.

I hope it works out for you.

Not at all. It happens to be near where I fell out of a vagina. I had and did nothing to do with it's existence. Taking credit for what other people did seems wrong.

Not at all. It happens to be near where I fell out of a vagina. I had and did nothing to do with it's existence. Taking credit for what other people did seems wrong.

I'm generally proud of my state, Pennsylvania. We usually lean blue but sadly went to 45. But governor Wolf is very progressive and we have made some positive movement to become more modern and liberal. I'm hoping that he wins reelection. We have unfortunately though produced some horrible politicians like Toomey, Santorum, Kelly, Laughlin, and more.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21137
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.