Agnostic.com

35 5

If you support shutting down a site because it's members are allowed to promote anti-semitic views (Gab.com)...
... would you also support shutting down a site because it's members promote anti-theistic views (agnostic.com)?

How is promoting "Jews are the root of all evil!" different from promoting that "Religion is the root of all evil!"? I suppose a lot of people will answer "because one is true and the other is not".. but seems a small difference between A religion is the root of evil and ALL religions are... after all, A is just a subset of ALL.

The supreme court Matal v. Tam decision made it clear that hate speech is in fact protected speech. That ruling should apply to both anti-semitism and it's super-set, anti-theism.

But I worry.

If the recent gab.com shut-down because of the promotion of it's anti-ideas is the new standard, then I worry that sites like agnostic.com will be next by allowing the promotion of its anti-idea. Personally, I've never been a fan of either anti-semitism nor anti-theism but I have no problem with either expressing their views and thus as I don't agree with the shut-down of gab for allowing anti-semitic content, I wouldn't agree with the shut-down of agnostic for allowing anti-theistic content.

What is your opinion on the matter?

TheMiddleWay 8 Oct 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It’s always the other people who are bigoted, hateful, ignorant, etc . Our own dear selves are truthful, courageous, intelligent to the point of genius, empathetic, loving, fair minded, etc etc.

I wonder if the response would have been different it had been a bunch of Jehova’s Witnesses or something that got shot.

There is a difference between being atheist and wanting to fucking commit genocide

You raised this false equivalence in another thread and I called you out over it. I'm pleased that other members are calling you out over it in this thread. It's interesting that in a topic about antisemitism you try to pivot it against atheism and specifically anti-theism, as you are wont to do, due to your antipathy towards those holding these views.

You previously wrote:
"Consider that that hardcore anti-semite is no different than the hardcore anti-theist: they both have strong opinions that they don't want "the other" on this earth, they both hate "the other" and, usually, those views are expressed peacefully".

I call that sophistry.

I repeat what I wrote in the other thread: Antisemitism is a hatred of race and ethnicity, pure and simple. It is racism. Anti-theism involves no hatred of a people, race or ethnicity. It is a rejection of theism and desire to see it disappear from the world, as bad ideas do.

Gab was not shut down. They needed to find another service provider to carry them and not a single company stepped up. I had never heard of it before that day and I hope to never have to again.
My understanding is that people were able to post anything with no censorship of any kind. That brings all the freaks and thier disgusting thoughts out. I don’t see the equivalency here.
If you consider the hate, lies and conspiracy theories that Alex Jones was able to get away for years before he was able to get himself finally taken down off most social medial. He still has his own website to spew his nonsense.
I have zero concern that this forum is on anyone’s radar despite some of the racist stuff I’ve seen. It doesn’t rise to the level of incitement of violence.

You are not a Jew, so you do not understand antisemitism. However, you are a human being, so I'm sure you understand hatred. That's where we'll start with this. Let us suppose the man down the street has done something to you that has made you hate him. Let us now suppose you decide to act on your hatred in ways that are injurious to that man down the street. Oh, you don't set out to kill him, you just want to make certain he feels uncomfortable and unsafe. This goes on for a few years, and you find that the effort expended is no longer satisfying your need to make him hurt. You take it to the next step and kill him. You might feel elation at having rid your world of his presence. It is hoped you'd also feel a bit of remorse.

Does that equate with antisemitism? No. It doesn't even come close. It is benign with respect to what antisemitism entails. Antisemitism is in some respects unique among all the various prejudices against entire classes of people. The one that comes the closest to being an analog is prejudice against blacks, specifically that which is experienced by them here in the United States. Even that pales to some extent because no one has yet set out to eliminate them completely, to remove them from the face of the Earth. That in no way diminishes the suffering they endure even now, but it is a bit different.

Now, let's look at shutting down Gab, or any other outlet promoting class hatred of any kind. I don't see that as censorship. It is more like preventive surgery. Even so, it is problematic because it opens all sorts of doors on dark vaults where horrible things hide.

Bear with me, this is all leading to a common conclusion. I maintain that the only way to have freedom of speech is to have it across the board. Even hate speech. So, I resist the notion of closing down anyone for their speech because it means that someone has to set the standards for what it is that represents hate speech, and who is that going to be and what safeguards will there be that can keep it from growing like a fungus and swallowing us all?

We who are affected by hate speech should resist it and call attention to it for what it is. Those who are not directly affected but recognize it for what it is should do the same. That is acceptable. Shutting it down is not. As a Jew, one would think I should be all for closing down anyone's operation that hints of class prejudice, particularly antisemitism, but I'm not. We are either free or we are not. We either learn or we don't. So, no matter how hateful they happen to be, I will not be a part of taking away anyone's freedom to express themselves for I know where that can lead.

@TheMiddleWay -- Yup.

antisemitism isn't about being against judaism. it's about being against jews. being against religion is one thing. being against a group of people is another. you can't kill or maim a religion. you can argue against it, you can try to keep it out of your government, but it's not a person. a jew is a person. killing, maiming, keeping him/her out of your government for being jewish is NOT the same as being against the religion. it's bigotry. i should think this would be rather obvious!

g

@TheMiddleWay incorrect! being jewish is NOT always about following judaism. jews are a people, too, an ethnicity. i am an atheist. i am also jewish. i do not follow judaism. nonetheless i am a jew. hitler did not hate jews for following judaism. he didn't care whether a jew was secular or even had converted to another religion.

no, you cannot kill or maim a religion, LITERALLY. you can get rid of it i suppose but it can't feel pain or die and decompose. there is a difference between metaphor and literal speech. learn it.

g

Look at the effects of the community irl. Have we generated any hate crimes directed against believers? Have we encouraged members to violently attack or murder theists? The answer is emphatically not. The issue with hate sites is that they call people to VIOLENT action against a group.

@TheMiddleWay hmm. I'd like to see some screen shots of their posts/convos. I have a feeling anti semitic groups are likely to be a tad more militant/racist/violent than atheists or agnostics but I could be wrong I guess.

Free speech is for everyone or no one.

@OwlInASack Free speech already defines what you talk about in terms of violence. I never disputed that things like inciting riots etc. was a valid part of free speech. When your free speech actively leads to breaking laws and harming others physically then it doesn't fall under free speech as it's defined under free speech already. Someone who is obnoxious and who has free speech and shouts over others alone also doesn't equate to denying a voice to others. Are they taping a person's mouth shut? Free speech pretty much is only valid when it comes to being punished by government and making laws really. You don't really have free speech at a job or towards other citizens in terms of wanting recompense. As shitty as it might be, where you work is a private organization (not sure how it works with government jobs) and as long as they don't break the law they can have you suffer the consequences in any situation in which you speak. If they don't like what you say, they can fire you. In a lot of states they can fire you for no reason at all, let alone "denying your free speech". If your boss tells you to shut up while you're on company time and you don't, then they can just fire you with no consequences. There are some exceptions I'm sure. The First Amendments points MOSTLY are only valid towards the government/citizen relationship with some exceptions to outside forces like citizen/citizen and citizen/corporation/business relationships. If I own a business and you walk in and start preaching I can throw your ass out of my store without consequences. If you are some guy in the street preaching to me and I tell you to shut the fuck up, what type of punishment would I get from government? Nothing. As to a business withholding services from someone, it depends on if it breaks any laws having to do with discrimination and civil rights. There is something called "Public Accommodation Law" that would fall under this issue. It's also why we have a court system, as imperfect as it is. It has to do with interpretation, precedence, and the laws that are already on the books.

@OwlInASack Someone who hates Jews should have the right to say they hate Jews without being physically assaulted or coerced. It's speech. Physicality is completely different, but like I said, there are some exceptions depending on the situation I guess.

So I never said it was black and white.

@OwlInASack Remember the whole Colorado baker/gay customer issue? I used to believe that it fell under public accommodation law, but the judges didn't see it that way. I have since kind of changed my mind about it falling under public accommodation. I'm still a little torn on it. As a piano player/songwriter I can hold a concert (Just an example. I'm not that good to do concerts lol) where people pay for my service, but nobody can order me on what to play, even though they have paid. A custom cake is the same thing. It's not a general service. If I tell the baker that I want a cake with 50 dicks on it, they can refuse. It's not a common item and they can't be forced to make it.

[cnn.com]

"The court held that the Colorado Civil Rights Commission showed hostility toward the baker based on his religious beliefs. The ruling is a win for baker Jack Phillips, who cited his beliefs as a Christian, but leaves unsettled broader constitutional questions on religious liberty."

"A custom wedding cake is not an ordinary baked good; its function is more communicative and artistic than utilitarian," Solicitor General Noel Francisco argued. "Accordingly, the government may not enact content-based laws commanding a speaker to engage in protected expression: An artist cannot be forced to paint, a musician cannot be forced to play, and a poet cannot be forced to write."

This incident happened in 2012. In 2015, same sex marriage was legalized by the Federal government. If this incident happened after that ruling, then I believe that Colorado baker would have been found guilty of discrimination under public accommodation. But now there is Supreme Court precedence in that case so I'm not even sure how that would be worked out now.

It all depends on the judges and interpretation etc. That's just the way it is.

@OwlInASack What I said is plain as day. I said physically harming others. Of course there are laws that seem bad and a lot of people don't agree with them. The people usually being punished from breaking those laws don't agree with them, but it's a fine line and that's really another discussion. Plenty of people don't agree with seat belt laws, but it's usually after they are fined for not wearing it. To the contrary of what some people believe, it saves lives, and money. It saves taxpayer money in terms of city resources.

When someone wants to speak their opinion, it's fine, unless it actively leads to bodily harm. You can't stand out in a public square and incite a riot with your words, or have a group of people attack someone on your words and command, etc etc etc. That's what I was talking about. You can't say, "Jack is a despicable human being and he deserves to be beaten to a bloody pulp right now!". Well, you can, but you can also be arrested for it. People deserve protection from bodily harm in a civilized society. Laws aren't perfect, but they are necessary. This isn't the wild west. They didn't exactly have a long life expectancy.

I assume you are a Libertarian? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

[hg.org]

@OwlInASack I did not misquote myself. It was meant in the context of physically harming others or words leading to physical harm. I'm not being disingenuous at all. If you want to insult people instead of just talking about the issue, I'm not the one. I posted what free speech entails and what it doesn't. I'm not sure how you can't understand my argument, but let's look at my quote:

""When your free speech actively leads to breaking laws and harming others physically then it doesn't fall under free speech as it's defined under free speech already."

What don't you understand about SPEECH ACTIVELY LEADING TO BREAKING LAWS AND HARMING OTHERS PHYSICALLY? Violent speech often leads to physical violence. It's INCITEMENT!

As to your example, yes it was violent (there are different degrees of violence, and screaming at people is violence, especially in the context of racist speech), and it was most definitely aggressive behavior. Look up the definition of violence. It has more than one definition of just physical harm. I don't think we actually disagree much. I think you might have misinterpreted my entire argument. I'm not a "free speech warrior" or a right winger, so you need to check yourself.

If you had read the link I provided, you would have read this:

"Fighting Words
Government may prohibit the use of “fighting words,” which is speech that is used to inflame another and that will likely incite physical retaliation. Likewise, language that is meant to incite the masses toward lawless action is not protected. This can include speech that is intended to incite violence or to encourage the audience to commit illegal acts. The test for fighting words is whether an average citizen would view the language as being inherently likely to provoke a violent response

Obscenity
Most forms of obscenity are protected by the First Amendment. However, there is a high threshold that must be met in order for obscenity not to be protected, which includes showing that the language appeals to the prurient interest in sex, that it depicts something that is considered patently offensive based on contemporary community standards and that it lacks serious literary, scientific or artistic value."

Maybe stop being so blind with rage and actually read next time.

@OwlInASack Let's add this one in there too since you didn't read anything in the link I provided:

"Crimes Involving Speech
The First Amendment also does not provide protection for forms of speech that are used to commit a crime, such as perjury, extortion or HARASSMENT. "

@OwlInASack It's not shouting. It's emphasis in text, but you're welcome. It doesn't pay talking to you while you're just going to insult me and mischaracterize what I said and IGNORE (shouting again, sorry) the link I posted.

Historical context matters. Agnostics don't have a history of vandalizing Christian buildings, or gassing Christians in ovens.

Orbit Level 7 Oct 30, 2018

@TheMiddleWay worry about what? What is your great fear of people who say, like me, that I they reject religion as atheists, and also affirm that religion should be actively challenged, intellectually and argumentatively which is what anti theism is. No vandalism or violence. And when did antitheists gas Christians? Perhaps you are thinking of Nazis who gassed Jews, headed by Hitler, who was a Catholic.

Think of it this way: If atheists had it their way, people would have to change their opinion, if anti-semites had it their way jews had to stop existing. There is nothing jews can do except die, atheists leave people a choice. And I was just going along with your bullshit for the sake of argument. Because most atheists don't care what other people believe as long as theists leave them alone with their believes. Read some threads here on this issue and you will see that atheists are not at all like anti-semites.

Dietl Level 7 Oct 30, 2018

Anti-theism doesn't automatically mean that you want to lock up or kill anyone. Locking up also only because of the negative consequences that religions can have. It's not the goal in itself. With anti-semitism this IS what those people want. And it's not just a minority but the ideology itself which teaches this. Anti-theism can just mean you want to educate people.
This is a very clear difference.

@TheMiddleWay I am an antitheist. I have no intention of hurting people. However, if I am given a choice to undermine religion or not, I will choose to undermine religious power. And yeah, I do think there are religious practices that are abusive, that's why I want religion to go. Claiming my views are the same as those on Gab that encouraged a bigot to shoot up a synagogue is ridiculous.

“If atheists had it their way, people would have to change their opinion“

Speak for yourself.

@indirect76
Did you read the whole comment? I relativized that statement a few lines later. I wanted to get a certain point across, you know?

@Dietl Oh. Sorry. I misunderstood.

Its the violence thing if they are calling for violence ,like alex jones did ,shut them down otherwise let them waffle on so that we can see what they are saying and mock them

Anti-semitism is not opposition toward the Jewish religion, it's opposition (in the rhetorical and violent extreme) toward the Jewish people. In the same way, islamophobia is not opposition toward the Muslim religion, it's opposition toward the Muslim people (and by ignorant extension, Arabic and Persian as well as other peoples).
Anti-theism, as much as myself and other atheists stand opposed to it, is not a bigotry against a people, it's opposition against an idea. Your comparison here is a false equivalency, one that is both startling and dangerous.
Furthermore, everyone shouts freedom of speech from the rooftops, but I feel like almost no one knows what it really means. The first amendment keeps the government from silencing or penalizing speech, with exceptions (state secrets, inciting language, defamation, etc...). It requires neither the government nor anyone else to provide a platform for you, not does it shield you from any other repercussions of your speech.
If gab.com goes away because no one wants to host it, that's not protected by the 1st amendment. Facebook or Twitter ban you because you're a racist troll? Not protected by the 1st. Your job fired you for conduct unbecoming? Nope. Not even if it were a government job. Barred from speaking at a public institution? Oh well... Not protected. America hates you because what you say makes you a piece of shit? Put on your big girl panties and suck it up. The 1st amendment does not require anyone to like what you have to say.
It should however, in my humble opinion at least, require you to actually understand what it actually means before you can actually claim your actual 1st amendment rights have been violated. You should honestly have to have passed a test and be given some card of card, a 1st amendment license if you will, before you can bandy that term around. Not to actually be protected by it, but just in order for you to walk around saying that shit.

@Veteran229 Phobia also refers to an aversion toward something. Or are you going to argue that hydrophobic materials have an "illogicall fear" of water? You won't score points with me using intentionally pedantic talking points.
Furthermore, we SHOULD fear Islam? That's a pretty broad brush with which to paint something that I'd wager you know not much about. I don't fear Islam because it's not a threat to me. The conflation that you're attempting to make here is that of Islam and theocratic dictatorships. I do indeed fear a theocratic dictatorship, but that is regardless of whether it wears a hijab, a cross, or whatever have you. It should also be noted that they are rarely ever about the religion in question, rather they are shortcuts to creating and maintaining power structures.
Regardless, I have no time to fear a theocratic dictatorship on the other side of the planet when we have the makings of one right here at home. AND, the same way I would ask people not to judge me based on the government that I currently reside (or formerly resided) under, it would only make sense to extend that same courtesy in kind.
And as for your 'Qur'anic invasion playbook' theory, how does it compare to the European imperialist method?

1. Bring enough people, guns, and diseases to wipe out the current occupants of a given territory.
  2. Subject the few remaining survivors to forced indoctrination.
  3. Claim that the land was always your GOD given right (manifest destiny and the like).
  4. Round up a few million slaves to build up that newly minted imperialist engine of yours.
    Etc...

If my point wasn't clear, let me crystalize it for you. You can keep your PHOBIA. I have no use for it.

@OwlInASack Agreed.

The is a huge difference between an indentifiable group (Jews) and a belief (religion). You can not equate the two in an argument logically.

Having said that, I can not see how anyone can justify hatred towards an entire indentifiable group. There are good and bad people in every race, religion, or any other demographic or geographic subset. When you do target a whole group, you cross a line in my book.

I have no time for anything to do with Trump’s lies or his zealously blind followers. There are however Republicans that I respect.

@TheMiddleWay not wanting to have anything to do with an identifiable group is not the same as hating or inciting against an identifiable group.

Well, it looks like gab.com was removed by their hosting service and their domain registrar. I’m fine with this because so I feel businesses should be able to choose who they do business with. It would be a different consideration should gab.com be shut down by law.

Should the same fate happen to this site, I would be displeased, but ultimately recognize the host’s and registrar’s right to do business with whom they choose.

@TheMiddleWay Yeah, but for both sites losing a host isn’t an end at all. Sites can be move to another host.

Your argument is based on a false premise. Not believing in god is quite different to believing religion is the root of all evil. The two beliefs are quite separate.

@TheMiddleWay Closer, maybe. But your argument is based on the premise that if one does not believe in god then one is, ipso facto, opposed to organised religion. One's position on organised religion is not determined by their belief in god. For example I don't believe in god, but I am not opposed to organised religion; Martin Luther did believe in god but was opposed to organised religion as it was then constituted (in fact it was today in 1517 he nailed his ninety-five theses to the church door condemning organised religion.

Because Jew is a birth condition that the individual cannot choose, religion is a group of ideas that can be adopted or not.
Ideas can be attacked people not.

@TheMiddleWay So your argument is to let the antisemite decide whether there should be a distinction between an ethnic Jew and a religious Jew?

@ghettophilosopher
The anti semitic group comes for the socio ethnic, the religion is just a plus.
That's why is different.
You can attack Judaism, you can't attack the jew.
Even taking out the ethnic factor.
You can criticize catholicism, you can't the catholics.
You can criticize one catholic on the basis of his individuality and personal traits, but never as a group.

I don't support censorship, of any kind.
I think shutting down gab.com is the wrong thing to do.

@OwlInASack That is a by-product of Free Speech. We can't cherry-pick which speech remains "free". It's an all-or-nothing proposition.

@OwlInASack You are free to believe whatever you choose. I am free to not agree with you.

One directs hate at an ideology and the other directs hate at people. You're inability to see the difference concerns me greatly.

In addition atheism does not promote "religion is the root of all evil" simply that there are people who do not believe. Some individuals that are atheists promote that, but once again see above.

@TheMiddleWay You were not focusing only on "anti-theism" as you were using "agnostic.com" as an example, and this is not an anti-theistic website.

An anti-theist is once more, pointing at a concept while Jews are actual people that form a nation. Once again, concept vs people, not the same.

I'm not going to debate the actions of individuals in separate groups that make equally abhorrent claims. However I'm also not going to use them as examples of the majority of those groups.

There is not a razer thin line as long as you are not an asshole. You should treat people with respect, and ideas with skepticism. Once again, the actions of some do not equate to the majority ideology.

@TheMiddleWay Okay so some members are more extreme than the main group or the common message. They should be dealt with as the extremists they are, if an anti-theist directs hate at people they are a problem just as anti-semitic people are. However the anti-semites are more often than not in the majority when they direct their hate at the people, while anti-theists at least in my opinion, are in the minority.

Im not really familiar with gab or what it got shut down for specifically but from the case youve laid out, the difference to me is that jews are not just a religion. It is an ethnic group as well. I don't think the fault in antisemitism is a distaste for religion; its a distaste for a racial group. If this was a site all about hating black churches it would be more similar, and less acceptable. Talkin shit about a bunch of people who are making bad choices and forcing them on all of us (the extent of our usual religion slamming) is one thing, but inciting violence or at least hatred that historically often foments into violence because of ethnicity is another.

That said I don't necessarily support shutting down the whole site unless the hate speech was a good majority of the traffic or mission statement of the site. The sites moderators should be responsible for making sure it's not a safe space for hate groups to gather with impunity, but policing this sort of thing Im sure is easier said than done.

@TheMiddleWay in the case of anti semetism I think its important to distinguish it from simple anti religiousity. I don't know the nature of attacks that were conspired on that site, but in regards to the synagogue shooting and the general increase in violent white nationalists lately, fox and Trump would have us believe the attack was anti theist motivated when it clearly wasnt. The shooter had about as many white nationalist red flags on his social media as the pipe bomber had on his rape van.

The fact that judaism is both a religion and an ethnic group is giving the wrong people like trump license to play the victim along side them, but when has an antisemetic attack ever been aimed primarily at a white guy who converted to judaism? Antisemetism in the way that white nationalists act on it seems to be more ethnically motivated than religiously. Being from a different religion is at best a section of the differences that make it easier for them to dehumanize and hate a different ethnic group.

It's like the black community's strong protestant communities or strong italian irish and latino correlations as catholics. A domestic terrorist might bomb a black church or a catholic church in a certain neighborhood if they had designs against that demographic in mind, but the hatred is very seldom about hating the church, its hatred of the people. Its tribalism to the core. It might just be the optimist in me but I dream of a day of full societal integration where everyone of every religion looks the same, then we can start attacking each other based solely on beliefs again like the good lord intended. 🙂

If it were as simple as that. The hate speech that resulted in the removal from Gab was more than just writing that Jews are the root of all evil.

Right? Definitely underplaying the violent rhetoric employed by actual hate sites. The conservative athiests and that one group thats violently antitheist here miiiiiight count as hate speech. Then again most of our members disagree with those groups and wish they weren't a part of the site, so.....

To me there is a huge difference between anti-Semitic expression and anti-theistic expression. Anti-semitism is an irrational fear of other human beings who practice the Jewish faith. Anti-Semitism led to the holocaust and it led to the killing of 11 innocent people attending their service at their house of worship last weekend. Anti-semitism kills.

Anti-theist expressions on the other hand are just against religion, and it’s overall historic effect on society. To the best of my knowledge, no one has died as a result of anti-theist statements.

Free speech sounds amazing, but if we don’t censor hate speech, innocent people die, and others are indoctrinated with irrational falsehoods. Some other expression could be to us utter nonsense, but it may not be hate speech. In that case, I say to each his own. If we want to protect our freedoms then we do need to be accountable that they don’t demean, disenfranchise, or subjugate

Free speech has limits; for example you can't yell fire in a theater. So, the information you have given is insufficient to decide whether I think shutting down gab.com for anti-semitic speech is similar to the speech on agnostic.com. Someone on this site saying religion is the root of evil is a person's opinion that does not threaten anyone. It is protected speech. If an unstable person reads that and decides to eradicate evil; neither agnostic nor the person who made the statement are liable. However, if there is a suggestion someone should do something about evil, then agnostic and the person have probably violated the law.

@TheMiddleWay Never been on gab.com.

in addition, antisemitism depends on lies. being against religion depends on logic. in what way is saying there is no god and pointing out the illogic of believing in one (or more) equivalent to saying jews own the world, jews are eating christian babies, jews have horns and a tail, jews are causing all the problems in the world, jews are paying for honduran refugees to "invade" our southern border?

g

@JesseThompson what has your despicable rave got to do with hating jews without individually knowing them? that's antisemitism. telling lies: you saying jews DO drink christian babies' blood? or even that jews came to the middle east and murdered and stole the land of the people who lived there, which is NOT what happened? (read some HISTORY some day; you may LEARN something.
wait, no you won't. you know everything already.) you are so ignorant and antisemitic that i have nothing more to say to you, or hear from you. haters: be gone! the block feature is SO useful.

g

@TheMiddleWay in what way would you have me consider those attitudes?

i addition, i am not concerned with whether those who are against the jewish people are illogical. i am concerned with their being bigots.

g

I have yet to see anything that is threatening. Perhaps insulting but in no way have I seen a "call to action" against religion. Discussing the merits or lack of is a matter of perspective and not one everyone even shares.
I mean I have seen worse things on Facebook than I see here regarding hate speech.

@TheMiddleWay I understand where you are coming from but I am not really concerned. Calling people dumb/ignorant is about the worst I have seen here.

@TheMiddleWay My mistake. I have yet to see those dark recesses of Agnostic.com but I will keep my eye out for them

Atheism is not anti religion or antitheist. I am not against God because God does not exist. Nor am I against those who choose to believe in imaginary friends. I'm not here to hate anyone.

Lol, why do you think he was talking about you. I assume you have seen some of the real anti religious stuff here.
Those I've never seen anyone advocate violence.

@TheMiddleWay you want to root out antitheism but you support Gab.

Nice to know who you're really in favor for. Christian supremacists.

As long as no one's inciting violence, let people say whatever they want.

That's what I want for myself, so it's what I want for everyone else.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:211879
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.