Agnostic.com

8 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

ASS U Ming

After 85% of white evangelicals voted for Trump in 2016, I realized that in many cases, white evangelical = white supremacist.

I was horrified when my Facebook page suddenly filled with hate memes attacking Pres. Obama, calling Michelle a gorilla, mocking the LGBTQ community, demonizing Muslims, calling for a wall to be built, etc...all from my former childhood Haiti MK friends.

So apparently, these people were in Haiti, a country of black people, to do the White Man's Burden thing . I got busy defriending people, so have few Christian people left on Facebook now.

Apparently, they're not doing so well with folks who live in trailer parks in Novascotia, Canada either.....

LMAO...

There was such a simple way of spinning this, too, where it doesn't sound like she gets off on poverty, and she could have still made her main point. Her blog entry sounds very much like someone who feels suffering brings people closer to God, much the way Mother Theresa kept the sick and dying in great pain because of her belief that it brought people to Jesus. I'm not too harshly critical of religion, really, but this is where we see the twisted logic that says what's harmful to people is really good for them. I see that as a very sick morality.

Very interesting link.

It dredges up a lot of memories of the talks the missionaries sponsored by my childhood Baptist church would have when they came to visit. They certainly seemed to portray that classic image this blogger was longing for, if it ever was that way.

Over the years, I have grown a real distaste to missionaries in general. Their "help" always comes with a price, one that has repeatedly shown to be extremely high for the people that they are there to help. I remember reading about a tribe of indigenous people discovered in the Amazon in the late 50's or early 60's who had never come in contact with modern civilization. It was an anthropologists' dream, but eventually Christian missionaries got there to "help". This polyamorous society which had never experienced jealousy, theft, or murder experienced all that within a a decade and a half of exposure to Christian missionaries.

The concept of missionaries is morally wrong. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. They have robbed cultures across time to create a messed up homogenization across the four corners of the globe...and for what? Is the world anymore peaceful? Hell no!

This has always been destrubing to me. Go someplace under the pretense of helping people, in order to 'bring them to Jesus!'

A lovely slap on her face...!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21576
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.