Agnostic.com

15 5

What is your biggest pet peeve?

This is going to sound racist. I hope you understand it's just a peeve and it's not me being racist but I can't stand it when people say axed when they're saying asked.

paul1967 8 Nov 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i have quite a catalog - which led me to turn them into laugh triggers - it's just healthier. but here are some more persistent ones: tailgating, mutilation of language, nationalism, lack of foot (& motor) traffic training, narcissism.

Redundancy, in any form!

I'm driving on the freeway. A car is on the on-ramp approaching entry to the freeway. We're side-by-side approximately so I speed up to give him room and he speeds up, or I'll slow down to make room and he slows. These are the dumbest, most ignorant, stupidest, worst drivers!

Agreed

"Peeve" would be a GREAT name for a pet! (;

Zster Level 8 Nov 10, 2018

I had a cat called Mr. Peevers when I was a child

@paul1967 That's excellent!

I do not call that racist at all. It is poor grammer. Poor grammer skills is a peeve for me also. I believe people are getting lazy. They just butcher the language. They do not use then and than correctly. They ax you a question. I simply tell them I do not speak walmart.

People walking while texting... Oops... I just bumped into someone...

The more things change - the more they stay the same ~

Varn Level 8 Nov 10, 2018

Noisy eaters.
People who talk whilst chewing.
Slurpers.
Plastic crinklers.
Pen clickers.

So basically noise lol

@Cutiebeauty gross noise. I'm with @pinefox on this one

No, misophonia is not about noise in general; it's about repetitive or specific sounds.

Racism

I just-the-once-never-again went out on a date with some bloke who kept on tapping the wheel and bleching out an ABBA tune whilst waiting for the green light yet I even put up with

BUT if a Jehovah's Witness comes knocking on my door there'll be hell to pay

I love it when they knock on my door door. I invite them in and grab my Bible. We'll sit down at the dinner table. I'll get them something to drink. I'll open my Bible and say if you can convince me of one thing I'll convert. Justify Deuteronomy 22:13-21 If a man takes a wife and, after sleeping with her, dislikes her and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, “I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,” If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. Justify this law your God gave and tell me why there is no law that states if a man is not a virgin he should be stoned. If you have an answer I will join you if not your worship of this diety is unjustified and you are immoral for praising the Lord. That's usually enough to put me in the do not knock list. (It's a real thing)

@OwlInASack To be fair out of all the different Christian Faith's the JWs are the least crazy. They reject the Trinity and their research of the Bible makes them harder to debate. Don't get me wrong they're still batshit crazy with their dangerous ideas about blood transfusion.

I'm sure I have others but my biggest pet peeve has to be people that use quotation mark signs with two fingers of each hand while talking. Rather than claim you are quoting somebody you simply avoid saying so and give your thoughts and words a literary approach using your hands and fingers. My first thoughts when I witnessed this the first time were WTF and then it caught on until everybody was doing it.

Making this worse some people do it and then say "you know what I mean?" NO. I don't know what you mean. What the hell are you doing? Are you acting out a book?

Mine is after beer. I peeve SOOO much when I'm drinking beer. Liquor, not so much.

awww you just broke my heart 😟

Littering.

Dog owners who leave plastic bags of dog poop broiling in the sun beside the trail. What are they thinking? The Poop Fairy will magically clean up after them?

This almost falls into a peeve that shouldn't be a peeve....but it does peeve me.

I don't mind climbing stairs, so tend to walk up an escalator. Keeps me moving and I gets me there faster. So I can't stand it when folks stand on an escalator.

Ever lived in the South?..they all say it..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:219599
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.