Agnostic.com

11 0

How do you celebrate holidays as Atheists?

What are some of the fun things you do around the holidays as an Atheist or Agnostic?

BusaBudz 5 Nov 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pretty much the same as theists, but without the theism.

Recently, one of my favorite movies to watch around Christmas is "Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas." As a heads up, this movie is a stoner Christmas comedy so if you are not into silly, R-rated, stoner Christmas movies, I do not recommend it for that reason. However, I like to watch because it is just a great way to laugh for the holidays.

I create my own, odd-yet-fun hybrid of Winter Solstice/Christmas/Kwanzaa/New Year/Three King's Day. I think the coolest "Christmas" traditions were ripped off from older, traditional customs. So, I love my tree: six foot, fresh cut, and aromatic, with plenty of branches for everything from really old family ornaments to knick-knacks-turned-ornaments picked up on my travels, representing countries and cultures around the world. Lots of indoor decorations, too. I extend the traditional 12 days a bit, so put up the tree and start decorating on the Solstice. Tree is ready by Christmas Eve, just in time for feasting behavior (vegetarian by custom). Then, non-stop merriment of all kinds until January 6, when any gifts are given/exchanged, and I try to watch "Three Kings." After that, "the takedown." Tree is cut up and the trunk cured for a year, to be burned in the fireplace next year. It gets tweaked a bit every year, but I always enjoy it!

I just sit alone in my room during holidays

By taking time off work and enjoying myself.

We cook and eat! (desserts, special main dishes, etc...).

We also do some low key gifting, and have a music mix that we ONLY get out from Thanksgiving day +1 to New Year's. Mostly, we relish not having to attend work or school, rest, and enjoy each other's company.

Zster Level 8 Nov 10, 2018

My family isn’t religious, so on Christmas we get together, eat a meal and exchange gifts. For Thanksgiving we get together and eat a grand feast. On the 4th of July we barbecue and set off fireworks. We have a Halloween tradition of dressing in costume and the children go door to door to get candy.

Yes the athiest lifestyle is pretty strange, but that’s how we do.

I think about if I actually need anything and then take advantage of holiday sale prices... if I do. Otherwise I just avoid the crowded shopping centers.

Xmas without the religious nonsense. It’s about food, family and fun.

Don't forget the lights. The River Walk in San Antonio is spectacular!

Any way I want.

Working. I get time and a half for holiday shifts. $$$$$. Save the fun for those after-holiday sales. I'm coming for you, Red Dead Redemption 2. Black Friday, baybee.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:219745
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.