Agnostic.com

22 6

When Are You Most Yourself?

Tell us where and when you are most at ease.

AmiSue 8 Nov 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Since I transitioned from male to female 5 years ago, I'm myself all the time

I am most myself when I am with my husband. He helped me discover who I truly am and makes me want to be the best version of myself. He accepts me for who I am, 100%.

I am always myself and most of the time at ease too.

Beat me to it.

@AmiSue
We all have to "act" like adults at work.... exhausting!!!
I vaguely remember those years. 😉

@bigpawbullets Some people can get away with anything, it is just a matter of knowing that there may be times when you will have to take responsibility for what you say or do but still do it.

When i'm walking anywhere alone or strangely sometimes when i'm meeting strangers for the first time. I'm allowed to be the way i want to be. its only when people get to know me that they try to 'fix' my special kid of crazy.

Not to be salacious, my true answer is during sex. All pretense falls away.

Oh, your so salacious...

Answer to both...with my kids.

I'm always myself... I am my best... When i'm on stage... Talking to an audience, and, or singing.

I am always myself, sometimes a guarded, edited self. I become my best self when I am wanted or needed.

"sometimes a guarded, edited self", if only I were a recording,...easy edit.. 🙂

Unfortunately all the time - I am pretty unable to dissemble and don't know what to say if I get put in a tight corner so I say nothing and people think that I am really weird - thats probably true but I just can't think of things to say if I am expected to tow a line.I think it is because I grew up post- war in a very weird family ,mother manic father depressive,I left home at 15 yrs old just to get away from it all and found that people were amused by my honesty- So I am myself all of th time but people don't always recognise it and think that I am joking

Odd, you should say that, at 14, I'd been around the world, at 22 twice, at 30 three times, I have to practice my "Shut up", people never believe me.

Anywhere in the rural west.

UUNJ Level 8 Nov 13, 2018

Great question. When I’m gardening or fishing is when I’m at ease.....

When I am in my office...it's quiet....and I am browsing the news.

When I'm around people I can trust and be intimate with.

At home, with my wife, cats, and the dog.

Almost All the Time, I don't believe in being any other way. If people don't like what they see then Move on over.......

With a book in a hand, reading and visualising, cup of coffee or th side stand, ceiling fan at full speed or windows open when there's a good breeze.

I'm myself all the time, but I'm most at ease with people who accept me or when I'm alone at home.

Interesting question. - - - then you changed the question - - -

"At ease" and "myself" are not the same brain state.

Myself: With a group of young people teaching them health and science, (I don't officially teach health but often address this subject) how to question things, how to find answers, how to make informed decisions. This is not an "at ease" state as I must be as aware as possible.

Most at ease? When designing and/or building something at home or listening to classical music.

Painting/listing to music..as soon I find that elusive creature I'll post more,mmmm

If I tell the truth, you all will laugh,.....I am most myself when I am teaching. Of course it's been a long road and I'm not as good as I once was, but...I'm a teacher, and my students reward me.

THEY always want me to be someone else, so it is worse than difficult. They never want me to be myself, or to associate with like minded, similar people. Sorry to say. So perhaps it can only be done when one is alone. Laughing cynically.

i am always myself, whether or not i am at ease. i am least at ease in a medical setting. i am most at ease naked in my home. but i am always me. (exception: i used to act on stage a little. but i was always there too, even as whoever i was being was there. but i haven't done that in forever.)

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:222502
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.