Agnostic.com

16 0

How do current members find this site for dating?

I am wondering how current members find this site for meeting folks and dating? Anyone with success stories, cautionary tales, or general advice for a newb?

Freethinkingxx 5 Nov 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some very good people here. The main issue I'm finding is distance.

Another trick question for my collection

@Freethinkingxx Maybe....maybe not....who knows. A lot of people is here for stimulating conversation. No need for meetings in person with this approach.

Like this

Remi Level 7 Nov 18, 2018

@Freethinkingxx pretty much. Everyone I'm interested in is way far away and everyone who looks at my profile is way older than me ?

Havent met anyone close to my age in my area.

None of the men in my age group (65) are physically fit and still enjoy hiking AND live near me.

Still, I get messages daily from men thousands of miles away. I live in Washington State. Men write from Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, Indiana, England, etc. Hope springs eternal.

Here's my reply to a 77 year-old man in Florida:

"Thank you, Tom. I appreciate​ your compliment​s. We live too far apart to develop a relationship. Then there is the age difference​. Good luck with your search.

"I imagine in Florida, you are surrounded​ by women who are single and windowed. Surely there are women you like in Florida. Personally​, Florida is too flat. And I can't stand the South. Too racist, backwards and conservative."

Florida sucks. I came here 32 years ago. It seemed like a good idea at the time. 😟

i'm less than a thousand. ha.

Why not take the initiative?????

I've been dating someone I met here.

Complicated to complete all requirements to contact people

Lots of good, and interesting people here - but like any online meets, finding a compatible one that lives close enough for reality is the real challenge !

I've has a few Women scammers here,as well as match,e harmony,Chemistry,free date,and others.so if it sounds too good to be true.... do a reverse phone number check, with cell phone cameras,ask to see todays newspaper where they are,expect excuses too....

It is good for message dating, if you call that dating, but that is about it. When you have some fifty thousand people spread out over the English speaking countries, it cuts way down on your odds. Distance is a problem.

Dan and I fell in love in the Singles/Mingle/Chatroom. Others have met here too.

For a global site there aren't really enough members to make all that viable but it's a great community site and the numbers will grow. 🙂

Maybe it will become better for dating as its membership grows?

I'm not using it for dating but it may be fine. It's just that I'm not running off to other states to meet people. I can't even take off work for that and I work M thru F.

I've only been here a few months. I've read some success stories. I'm going to be meeting a man in person next month. I've talked with a few that live way too far away.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:225330
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.