Agnostic.com

4 2

Hello to everyone whether we have previously corresponded or not.

I have just created two new groups "Traditional and Folkmusic" and "Passions" and cordially invite those members at level 4 and above to join if either both or one group can contribute to their enjoyment of being an Agnostic.com member.

"Traditional and Folkmusic" is a group for the Traditional and folk music lovers and dancers or performers throughout the world together with folk poetry lovers.

"Passions" is a group for you to share and find people throughout the world to share your Passion with. That passion may be anything. At this stage the group is merely to identify who likes what and who wishes to share/exchange.

I anticipate that the group will very rapidly disintegrate into new groups of single passions and suggest that when twelve like minded members are identified they form their own group, choose their own moderators and split unless they have other passions bursting out.

Examples may be but are certainly not limited to photography, astronomy, birdwatching, classical music appreciation, sport grand finals, fishing, gardening, film fans, sci-fi, comics, fiction review, protection of human rights, promotion of international goodwill, ....

@GipsyOfNewSpain, @Chicagojcb, @bhop58, @Sacha, @Or-Humanist, @irascible, @think-beyond, @Dick_Martin,@AnneWimsey, @BobFenner, @Donna, @Wildgreens, @Stevil, @HippieChick58, @Hominid, @Rugglesby, @AxeElf, @Leutrelle, @JimmyM, @BeeHappy, @Diddsdad, @Nottheonlyone, @poetdi56, @JustLuAnn, @walklightly, @Duke, @DerekD, and apologies to anyone that didn't get @listed I think some names disappeared in a copy and paste!

FrayedBear 9 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Traditional and Folkmusic" Entry level has now been reduced to level 3

Groups? I didn't know we could create groups. Let me think.

I think this may be a beta testing at the moment but look at your page after pressing the big A. to see if you have the create button.

I am sorry but like to much to be put in a box. I guess I will not be disintegrated😉

A pity as I'm sure there will be many who would benefit under your guidance into developing new passions to broaden their life experiences to embrace some of those that have become essential parts of you now.

Excellent! Got to love a bit of folk music though I'm never quite sure what that is 🙂

G'day Jimmy. I always laughed at Louis Armstrong's delightful definition ... hear his beatiful gravelly voice in your ear ... "Folk music, it's all folk music! I ain't heard no horses sing!"
I use the definition that "today's song is waiting for the people to take it, mould it, pass it round, knock the edges out of it and then in 50, 60,100 years after the death of the composer still be widely singing or playing that tune and singing the song because it still has meaning to people generally."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22677
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.