Agnostic.com

9 8

When a church is destroyed by an “act of god” like lightning or earthquake, could the insurance company deny payment since it was a self-inflected damage? Did god just commit insurance fraud?

Haider 5 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

are you a lawyer ?

I don't know if it's used all the time but a lot of insurances do not cover 'Force major' which very roughly means 'Act of God' in French.
But there are a few problems. In a totally secular society the 'Act of God' can't be recognised. In no case is the God for whom the act is attributed actually named. And finally who would have final arbitration over what constitutes an 'Act of God' without seeking clarification from the God in question.
So I shall return to the ski jumping from the Winter Olympics where I'm sure no god interferes because if one of the jumpers f***s up his jump he will come a cropper when he lands 🙂

It would make for some great standup comedy.

That is awesome! Great thinking my friend!!

I remember when many a sale contracts that clause of 'not responsible for acts of god' was in the small print.

Only fraud if Gawd made the claim, I'm pretty sure, which would be an interesting conversation to sit in on. Hell, for that matter, can you imagine the conversation where that policy was sold? "So, you're the Etheral Sky-daddy of the Christians, you are omnipotent, and you want us to I sure your church...?"

😀 😀 😀

Betty Level 8 Feb 10, 2018

It was God’s plan .Sounds like insurance fraud

No collection means no fraud. Imagine the bolt from the blue shatters the steeple followed by an even more thunderous "whoops."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22737
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.