Agnostic.com

8 5

QUESTION The root of all cruelty

Why and how humans can dehumanize groups of people and act inhumanely towards them. Good read.

HippieChick58 9 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

greed right now

It's all about "us" and :"them." My goal is that more of us decide that everyone is "us" and no one is "them."

Wow. Gobsmacked. Trying to re-examine my own behavior now. Excellent post.

Monetary system.

Am not a subscriber, so can't get in the site. Could you summarize the gist of the article?

"It’s a thoughtful and exhaustive exploration of human cruelty, and the episode perfectly captures its core idea: that acts such as genocide happen when one fails to appreciate the humanity of others." Right from jump HOW the FUCK does one learn that???!?!?!? The quote is from early in the article. I have never seen the TV program, if that is some of the stanard fair on the mind sucking rectangle that sits in American homes I am so glad I don't have one. WOW!! That was an amazing article. I am left very puzzled, most on this site - ALL probably, have failed to buy into the god/religion dogma and dollars to donuts are as apalled as I am over the brutality of humans to others. So where, if I don't follow the christian ideal do I get my morality? um

I am going to read that again

Wow! Thanks for sharing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22758
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.