Agnostic.com

42 6

Over the past year, what band have you listened to most?

What about over the past 5 years? Is there a single band that you return to again and again, almost daily?

DobbinPitch 6 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pink Floyd. Always Pink Floyd.

Ditto. Esp. David Gilmour.

May I recommend

and

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.
Foo Fighters are a close second.

Ahhhhhh Foo fighters were here, last weekend, it poured down with rain. Interesting fun apparently lol

@Sacha Haven't had the chance to see them live yet. I've heard they put on a great show.

Crosby, Stills, and Nash

Recently? Motorhead.
Over the years my go to band has been Iron Maiden.

JimG Level 8 Feb 10, 2018

In the past few weeks Led Zeppelin. Before that Yes , especially "Roundabout". It seems my preferences are leaning more heavy metal than previously. Historically faves have been Steely Dan, Billy Joel, Fleetwood Mac and Eric Clapton, as well as "real" jazz and classical music.

I do not listen to bands, I listen to music and if it is music that I enjoy listening too, I do not care what band is playing it. Just me.

Led Zeppelin or Porcupine Tree probably

This year: Slipknot.
5 Years: SRV
Daily dose: Hendrix

Mostly the 20-20,000 Hz band.

Within that band are some dandy classical stations, orchestras, and artists that have comprised the majority of my listening during the past year. But I haven't been above the occasional dose of jazz, rock, or other more popular artists. Everything from Rap to Rachmaninoff is fair game for inclusion into my music library.

I was going to say Rolling Stones, but I have Sirius in my car and listen to the Grateful Dead the mot now. I never much paid attention to the Dead, but my GS who lives with me and drives my car, is a dead head. So now we sing the songs together and have definite opinions about the various configurations the band has taken over the years.
Over the past 5 years: Rolling Stones.

A friend of mine told me 30 years ago that Exile on Main Street was 'the greatest Stone's album' - Now I have to agree with him. And that gritty sound is almost Grunge two decades before Nirvana

@Eltopoman Exile on Main Street is an astonishing reflection of the times and a mirror to my own life in that time period.

I've been listening to a band called Talisk. They have the most amazing concertina player, a young lad called Mohsen Amini. I am a bit of a concertina player myself but, honestly this fella is probably the best I've ever heard

The past 5 years would be DIo and Iron Maiden

I have too much variety and cultural awareness to be tied up to even one genre. I am complex in music plus I keep coming back to work on my own music when inspired so. Every week is something different. And being Diverse... I like a lot.

Childish Gambino stands out to me beyond any new artists lately... I normally listen to a lot of alternative, classic, and hard rock- a lot of stuff other members have listed. So this is a shock.

Butthole Surfers, Negativland, Big Daddy Meatstraw, Fear....but normally I just have my library on random...but those 4 are my mood music....

Saw the Buttholes touring on Locust Abortion Technician. Farkin' hell, that was an intense gig.

Grateful Dead, Warren Haynes, Steely Dan, Modest Mouse, actually way to many to list

The past year, probably The Misfits pre 1983. The last 5 years, probably a mix between The Misfits, Samhain, and Danzig.

yello

Steely Dan

I enjoy so much music I can't really answer this question. I will say I have been listening to Oingo Boingo almost exclusively for about a week. Prior to that it was Devo.

d_day Level 7 Feb 10, 2018

Some of my favorite lyrics of all time:
"This is not the first time—you tried to get away
This is not a party—where people know your name
This is not a classroom—with teacher at the board
This is not a cat show—with prizes at the door"

orchestral manouvres in the dark

Sonata Arctica....but that's been the case since 2002.

I love that band!! Seen them 3 times, always an amazing show

@Re-BornAgainst I agree!!! I've been to 9. I'm mildly obsessed lol!

David Bowie, Michael Jackson, U2, Sting, Bruno Mars, NKOTB, Meticilica, Maroon 5, Prince

Sacha Level 7 Feb 10, 2018

I'll get us started I've been listening to Man Man almost daily for well over five years. As soon as I heard them, they set their hook deep in my brain. I don't love or even like every song they've done, but it's a rare day that this unique band does not get played by me. I think the song I post here is a fine example of their range.

@Donotbelieve what, you know Man Man?!

@Donotbelieve On Oni Pond is a really excellent album. I think it's their best so far. One of these day, i want to see them perform live

NOFX and Frenzal Rhomb. Idiotically bouncy pop punk makes me happy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22839
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.