Agnostic.com

12 0

Which do you think should play a bigger role in your life tolerance or compromise

Marine 8 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Toleration is a virtue - compromise is defeat.

If you tolerate abuse -and many do- is not a virtue but a self-destructive side of your personality. To compromise (today we watch your game and next weekend we go camping) us intelligentsia.

It all depends in what must be tolerated and/or compromised. I won't tolerate ignorance....and I won't compromise unless the other person does too.

I can usually tolerate others, but I refuse to compromise.

I honestly think a balance. However, if one has to choose, I believe it would be compromise. Compromise is the way that humanity has survived. I have worked on tolerance a lot for the sake of my relationship with my girlfriend because we do have differing beliefs, but also because if I don't make the change in my own life, who will? However, in our relationship, it could not be sustained without compromise. I believe that relationships are a good basis for other things simply because a relationship is modeled the same way as everything else. If things are not equal and fair, it falls apart.

hmmm, tolerate things I don't approve of, or compromise and accept them?

These feel like rather complementary qualities. I think if either increases, the other is likely to follow.

Neither. Sufferage and endurance.

There are many good times and places for both.

same thing really

I live alone and associate with others infrequently, so it is rarely an issue with me

I see them as being intertwined, and it being a very situational occurrence.

For myself I see the two points entangled you need both to attaid just the one position. in politics you need both to accomplish anything in Congress.This is the current problem both sides lack the ability to do either.

s

i

i

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22921
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.