2 1

Openness of American society

Since our country is dominated
by Puritanical religions what hope
is there that we will not become marginalized
on the world stage of human progress?

BBJong 7 Nov 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

America is behind on the trend of religious "nones" but it IS happening, and we've always been years behind on issues like this anyway.

But make no mistake, where human progress is being made in most technological fields, America is still at the forefront.

People love saying things like "America's military budget is greater than the next X countries combined!" That's true, but so is "America's number of Nobel Prize winners is greater than the next 5 countries combined!"

..after kicking alot of vital social issues
down the road for the" others" to solve;

Well now! America going the way of the Islamic empire, and for the same reason?

America isn't going the way of Islam.. I see that as a separate question. Puritanical religions have cause the USA lots of damage from what i see.

@AmmaRE007 Well, don't stop to question yourself!

@brentan I always question myself lol

@AmmaRE007 It doesn't show lol!

@brentan is that because i disagree with you> ?

@AmmaRE007 It's because you made a so-called factual statement with nothing to support it.

@brentan i stated my opinion.. and yours was that opinion or is that supported by facts> ?

@AmmaRE007 You'll notice my comment had a question mark.

@Morganfreeman The Golden Age might be over for American intellectuals.

@brentan might be? If it doesn't make a buck, seems like innovation is coming more from overseas.

Oh. AND don't forget, the U.S. is landing again on Mars.

@Beowulfsfriend As things are, America does very well with its own brainpower and the brainpower it imports.I'm supposing we're talking about the fundies looking on science as the enemy and suppressing knowledge that is outside the Bible. That's what happened with Islam centuries ago when there was return to the belief that nothing good could be found outside the Quran.

...our president wants a "Space Force"
,and the scientists are giggling up
their sleeve; foreign college entrants has
nosedived- but we can wink at the murder
of a citizen reporter- no morally I see
a trajectory...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:229409
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.