Agnostic.com

16 6

Anyone make any close connections yet?

Inquiring minds want to know! How are things going for you?

Dida 7 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've only been here for a short time. My first impressions are encouraging. Everyone appears to be authentic and sincere. Couple that with important heathen similarities then making a few friends is the least i could do!

Takes 2 to connect and dating seems to be an arms length encounter. ....maybe people our age are more afraid of a commitment than teens are afraid of pregnancy ?????? Of course I am not seeking cheap thrill sleep overs nor a shared vacation cruise partner. ....call me old fashioned but 2 can fight theocracy live better with less money than singles going to the grave alone. ...sing duets and writing lovely words together over dubbing the preachers and theocrat war criminal polluter profiteers

@Dida most here are greatly appreciated chatting

I live too far in the boonies for that to happen.

@Dida I have had a few message me and I always respond to anyone who messages me but it rarely goes past 1 or 2 messages.

Not yet. Have not been on here long enough to actually connect with anyone

Chatted a bit, but nothing concrete.

Nada for close connections but the topics of conversation and entertaining banter make it worth it anyway.

No but then it has only been a couple of months since I joined and only been active for a couple of weeks or so

Sherry -- have you checked your private mail? I know some people are not getting notifications and I'm curious about your response to my message. 🙂

@BlueWave Nope, I guess I do not get notifications LOL I have now responded

@SherryMartin Got it just now. I also did not have a notification. I wrote you again.

I think you are on this bug already, right @admin?

@BlueWave Yes, it's on my list. I'm trying to figure out if people are referring to the envelope or bell icon... or email notifications.

@Admin For me, it's the envelope. The bell is working fine.

@BlueWave Yes, I'm 90% sure we have the envelope/message alerts working again... was related to new chat rooms being worked on. @sherrymartin

@Admin Yup, it is working on my end. Thanks! I don't know who your tech people are -- maybe you -- but y'all really are quick and obviously very good at this kind of thing.

No, but it's early. 🙂

I really like the layout of the site though, it is so much more useful than a dating site per se. Seeing what people care about, how they interact is far more useful than just a profile and shot in the dark.

It allows you to evaluate a person's views and character, instead of just how they look in a photo.

I feel that just getting dates is pointless unless there is at least a fair chance you will get along.

Absolutely!!

To hope to find a romantic partner in a chatroom is being very optimistic, and perhaps delusional. If you are very, very lucky you might meet an acquaintance by accident. Even finding a new friend that you could talk to face to face is very rare.

All my relationships have been lucky accidents. Increase the number of accidents by communication.

@Dida By your definition, I have. I don't think I'm following anyone but I had a notification that I was being followed. Is that spooky or a good thing, ha ha. Been tagged a couple of times and I don't know what that means.

@Dida I have made a few "like-minded" friends on Facebook, but I have only actually met one, and that was because I work with his wife (did not share last names).

@Dida Got it! Thanks🙂

@Dida On FaceBook I have a number of "Followers". No idea who they are (this ticks me off!). I wonder if any are Government entities or just stalkers. ????

@Dida, When I couldn't figure out who my 39 followers were I simply turned off the feature. End of problem.

@farmboy2017 Farmboy, when you see that somebody "tagged" you in your Notifications (the bell at the top), what do you do? Do you click on that sentence. For example, you might get a notification that says: "Dida tagged you in Has Anybody Made Any Close Connections?" If you have not already done so, try clicking on it. Tagged means that somebody added your @name to a sentence for whatever reason. When you click on that sentence in your notifications, it will almost always take you to that post. (Unless the person deactivated their account or deleted their post.)

@Reignmond It's easy to see who is following you. Click on the word "Followers." I don't think anybody here is stalking you. That just means they like what you have to say from time to time. Or all the time.

Not yet, but I'm hopeful.

Yes. 🙂

Not yet, still working on it though.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 11, 2018

I've made a few friends here and that is good. As much as I want a relationship, I know that I can't start it online.

I did a video call with one woman a few weeks ago , but I'm guessing she stays busy with her 2 jobs & grand kids . I've friended a few women on Facebook too . It seems a little closer for some reason . . . ?

Dougy Level 7 Feb 11, 2018

So far, no close connections, just general chit chat, while I suss out if I'm a good fit here.

I match some views, but have many others that clash with beliefs of many here.

I don't know exactly what I believe, but I read it all, and certainly don't believe the government's official line..I'm more in line with the Netflix (youtube) documentary "Unacknowledged," about government cover ups, showing videos or presidents, NSA agents, astronauts, etc, talking about it, admitting it.

Also, doubtless offensive to some, I often watch alleged secret government whistle blowers, reading books like The Ascension Mysteries, by David Wilcock,

Intervention Theory Essentials, by Lloyd Pye,

True Real Life Stories of Reincarnation, by Richard Bullivant,

watching Simon Parkes online:

I'm about to meet a sure thing. Im this close. I only have to find $150,000 to buy a huge RV. Shh, don't tell anyone, I want it to be a surprise.

If she is from Russia, you got a winner! That if she needs mere 150,000 for a plane ticket. 🙂

Its not prostitution if you do it for a motor home!

@ThereisnoDog. That's true.

Not on here, but that's not why I'm here. I did just meet a lovely lady IRL though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23019
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.