Agnostic.com

9 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The cost of healthcare as well as the misinformation given by the representing political factions has led people to resist medical treatment unless absolutely necessary.

But there are hospitals that are reversing the for profit attitude and replacing it with patients needs as their priority. Some formally for profit hospitals have even teamed up with nonprofit as well as teaching hospitals in order to provide as many options as possible.

So there is change coming but we also need our government as a whole to fix itself before we’ll have the healthcare system that this country needs.

This is completely expected. America is the only developed nation where the life span is actually getting shorter despite the ridiculous amount of money being spent on healthcare.

That is not a surprise. The USA is the only industrialized country that does not consider adequate health care to be a basic rand universal right. We simply have too many people who are easily terrorized by the word "socialized" without even attempting to understand facts and principles.

Just read this the other day. I am not well today, so trying to rein-in anger. I wasn't surprised.

I know of people, and had a friend who died who wouldn't have if they'd access to proper healthcare. I occasionally worry about Trump and Co. destroying Medicaid and other important parts of the US social safety net.

That is my worry as well. I'd like to be able to really retire in the not too distant future, I'm not sure I will have time to financially recover from the current administration. Scary times we live in.

One of my California friends also died needlessly.

@HippieChick58 Indeed. I'm on Medicaid. Despite paying into Social Security most of my working life, I can't collect SSDI because I don't have enough "units", aka I hadn't worked a job outside the home in the last few years.

In terms of healthcare the US has lagged behind other developed countries for a long time. What we do well here is buy in to false premises and flawed ideologies like the ridiculous idea that the unregulated marketplace will always produce the best outcome.

Talked with an English friend today who says that Theresa Mayhem (I laughed when he wrote her name like that) and the Tories are trying to destroy the National Health Service.

@ailurophile
She is playing right into the hands of Vladimir Putin. As is Donald J. Trump.

I'll stay Canadian, thanks.

Smart. Too bad about those obnoxious neighbors to the south, though.😀

@ailurophile Many are coming over the border since whatizface got elected.

@Lilac-Jade So I've heard. If I wasn't ill, and as old as I am, I'd be across the border myself.

The government doesnt understand that healthy people make more money and pay more taxes.

Because it is too controlled by corporations seeking profit above public benefit.

Given the greed-driven nature of our country, I'm not surprised.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:231204
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.