Agnostic.com

38 8

Do you believe in "soul mates/true love/the one?"

If not, is it generally a turn off for someone to believe in it?

(Personally, I find the concepts to be unfounded and exceptionally silly).

Wenepai 6 Nov 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

uh, I guess "the one"....until the next one
Definitely not a soul mate...requires a "soul" that as an atheist, would be an entity I don't believe exists

However those connection being described I do believe in. I believe while there is no single person there are people that will be in your life and make everything better

I definitely don't.

Deb57 Level 8 Nov 26, 2018

Nope, sure don't.
I don't think I could spend much time with anyone who does.
Another reason why I expect to stay single.

Sure, it's as easy as saying yes.

Not just one single person out of the 7 billion that exist. However, after looking at your beautiful photos, you might be the one.

I believe there are a number of potential soul mates on our planet. There are somewhere around 7.6 billion people on this planet. Odds are your soul mates are out there. Odds are that there are probably 1 million soul mates out there, at least. I have so many times thought that I had met my soul mate, thinking she was the one, but then I found another soul mate, and was proven wrong again. That being said, I'm hopeful for the future. I'm hopeful that there is someone who is compatible with me out there. I think it's just a matter of our DNA and perspectives, to be honest.

If you mean someone with whom you have much in common, a physical appearance and style that drives you crazy, a brain that you love the way it works, and a sense of humor that never fails to make you laugh, l most definitely do!

Not in the "he/she is meant for me" sense. Nor do I believe there is a "one" person. There are millions of possibilities, but for most of us, based on our sphere of influence (which is greatly expanded with the advent of the Internet and social media sites like this one) the numbers are rather small. Our own preferences/issues/baggage/situations reduce those numbers even further. But I DO believe it is possible to be deeply, passionately, completely in love with someone. Having that reflected back would be the ultimate love connection for me.

There are no words to describe the feeling of love. The term "soul mates" may not be accurate but when you are truly in love, it's probably the best words to describe the feeling.

Watch Dr. Brene' Brown's 20-minute TED Talk, "The Power of Vulnerability."

She interviewed people who had been happily married for 50 years or more.

[ted.com]

Meh...I've given up. I'm much more content with my own company, really. I'm alone, but not lonely, because I know my individual worth, as a woman, and as a human being with a brain and about 28 years worth of bad experiences to make me think twice about getting involved. I'm a pro at friend-zoning.

If a person has hope,and has lost a partner,can He or She find not a replacement(who can replace a person)? But another chapter in their life?

If it happens, I'll let you know. I have experienced a near miss though. Age gap a little too far for me, I'm no Michael Douglas!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:231880
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.