Agnostic.com

9 8

QUESTION True Sportsmanship

I doubt you would ever see this behavior at any U.S. kids game, let alone an adult game.

BeeHappy 9 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You can look up the story but the Saints punter coming on for the point after, after the Minneapolis Miracle was an example. That action then lead to a series of matching acts of kindness and generosity between the New Orleans and Minneapolis communities.

A strange case here but basically this. A professional game, a Doncaster player is injured, Bury kick the ball out to allow treatment. A Doncaster player tries to pass the ball back to the Burys goalie from the throw in and inadvertently scores. In order that Burys act of sportsmanship not be punished. Doncaster let Bury walk the ball into the goal. .
[manchestereveningnews.co.uk]

Oddly enough you may well see that at a boxing match.

Not just America. Australian teams are shocking and that's before I get on to the men! 8)

The US could learn so much from these children.

"Professional sport does nothing to improve the human condition" Dean Kamen

Beautiful.

Yes. The US needs a lot of this. I commented on a high school team-spirit tee shirt I saw and was told not very politely that that is what kids need to learn. The shirt said "We will win, Any Time, Any Place, Any Way."

Sounds like a Republican motto.

@Condor5 It is a Republican stronghold in a ruby red state.

@Dick_Martin imagine that.

yes sports is more often about victory and aggression

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23224
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.