Agnostic.com

12 1

Does the idea of having your memory wiped seem terrifying?

I’m sorry I had to ask this question, but there was a video I posted not too long ago about the real concepts of Heaven and the idea is still lingering. From what I understand memories, according to the Bible will be wiped clean to a degree. If this is anything like it sounds then I’d never want no part of that even if it were real. How evil and disgusting would it be to forget people that you love and matter to you just so you can live in eternal bliss. Forgetting your life and loved ones for me would never be alright. As an older sister, who raised a younger brother for over five years of my life, I could never want to forget him no matter how anybody puts it.

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Anything that would mess with my memories is scary to me. Tho somewhat malleable, our memories are what define us, good & bad. I am all that I am & have done, so I want it all.

I think a memory wipe is basically identical to death. You should be afraid of something like that.

Doesn't rally scare me ... I wouldn't know would I ?

Nope!!!

terrifies me, have had friends with alzheimers and others who had amnesia, scary as all shit.

i suffered selective amnesia, in a car wreck. it's weird to make up not, know your name, age all of that stuff. still lost some things forever. half my life i won't remember, the other half i can't forget.

Forgetting how f----d up the system truly is might make keeping order easier.

Wow very good point I like it, I feel not much in life or the afterlife is absolutely that perfect

My experiences throughout life is why I am who I am today. Everyone that I have met, the good and the bad. I learned from my mistakes and I miss those that I have lost over the years. I would never want to forget anything.

Good point. Those with happy family memories would not benefit. Those with childhood trauma would be in a seventh heaven if one existed. Evidence its not true.

Some days no but most days . . . Zap that shit!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23283
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.