Agnostic.com

24 10

I'm hopeful that I bought my last pack of cigarettes today. I'm planning on quitting on Tuesday (2/13/18, since posts aren't dated), and l just thought I'd put it out there, because while I'm unconvinced of the power of prayer, I still believe thoughts create our reality.

So, feel free to send thoughts of joy my way. I intend to celebrate my freedom from this stupid addiction.

Thanks, friends!

Side note: I've done this before, so unsolicited advice is not necessary. Feel free to comment on your successes, though!

Nottheonlyone 7 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My conviction to quit was doubled when the money from quitting piled up in my dresser drawer.

Breathing freely and waking up clear of phlegm is awesome joy!

May the non-smoking force be with you.

I've quit so many times. My last attempt was 3 years ago and I haven't taken a hit off a cigarette since. It's a battle for sure but you got this. Good luck!

Good luck...
I quit in 1995..
One day at a time.
I still have my last 1/2 pack of cigarettes...lol

Nine years here. On my 3rd attempt

I've been given up for over 13 years

Good luck, I'm sending prayers your way .. oops.. I mean thoughts of joy 🙂. You can do it!

obis Level 6 Feb 12, 2018

Remember that the joy you will get from having quit is worth the pain it is to do it. I know that day 3 is the hardest. You almost have it licked!

JK666 Level 7 Feb 15, 2018

It's day three and I'm doing fine! No worries! (I'm not even really struggling, and the weirdest part is that today was a ridiculously emotional day for me, all kinds of ups and downs.)

Sending positive vibes your way~~~and a gift certificate for a cup of coffee. I am going to have one month of smoke-freeness on Saturday. It is a huge relief to be free of that addiction.

I know you can do this!

JK666 Level 7 Feb 14, 2018

My joyful thought for you is that I hope you experienced enough pleasure from your other activities today that you did not even THINK about having a cigarette.

That's sweet. The thought occurs to me, but I just let it float away. I'm doing fine!

@Nottheonlyone I'm happy to hear that you are doing fine – keep it up! There is a joyful thought I am having myself that I will share with you: Lent starts today, and my memories of Lent are not happy ones. I am joyful to not be a Catholic and hope you are too.

Isn't it great to be free?

@Nottheonlyone Yes, it is great to be free! Here is my joyful thought for you today to help you through your first Friday is a non-smoker – you can have all the meat you want all day.

Maybe I'll splurge and have steak!

@Nottheonlyone I hope that you enjoyed your steak and are celebrating the start of your 2nd week as a non-smoker. Here is a joyful thought for all of us central Midwesterners: it has rained almost nonstop for the last 3 days with no end in sight. What is so joyful about that, you ask? Just picture what it would be like if it had been 15° cooler for the last few days.

@PappyOnWings

I'm doing great! Back on the bike, too, feeling F-I-N-E, fine! Woohoo!

Good for you! Best of luck on making your freedom permanent this time! I'll be rooting for you.

just smoke lots of grass for 3 weeks and you're done with ciggies for life

my best wishes to you in all your endeavours enjoy your well won freedoms!

I quit in 2008 , almost 10 years now . SSRIs help a lot

Dougy Level 7 Feb 12, 2018

So happy for you and may you have strong resistance and success! You'll feel so much better a year from now! Don't give up!!!!

Way to go! You are NotTheOnlyOne! I'm proud of you.

Good luck!! 🙂 I'm rooting for you!

It took me years to quit! Good Luck!

Yup..sending positive energy your way.

Sorry, little help, my success is never having tried to smoke anything. But it feels great.

Good luck!!

Please post updates.

attachment: JOYFUL THOUGHTS

Good luck to you. Cigarettes are a tough habit to kick. I've never smoked, but I've seen the hell others have endured.

I've learned that being joyful about it counteracts the suffering. Send joyful thoughts!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23434
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.