Agnostic.com

32 5

What's your favorite brand of watch?

Mine is Skagen. This guy's been with me for almost 8 years now. Needs a new battery, but is still really worth it.

PolyWolf 7 Nov 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wear a FitBit watch because it's not just a watch and I am kinda obsessed with the data that it is now gathering.

I need to start doing that! Thanks for the reminder. 🙂

Aren't they addictive? I have to walk round the house until I get 10,000 steps!

@Amisja I will walk around my main floor to get the hourly 250. Usually I get around 8500 to 9000 in the morning when I go to the gym. If I don't go to the gym then all bets are off. Once I have over 12,000 then I figure I can couch potato for the rest of the day. The end of the hall to the living room wall is only about 40 steps, so I need to get creative to get the steps, or go batty. If it weren't so darn cold I'd walk outside where it is at least somewhat interesting.

I wear the Samsung gear S3 Frontier,an electronic,rechargeable watch linked to my cell phone,but have others,some mechanical(wind up), automatics, and some quartz.

Nice.

@PolyWolf When the battery is replaced,do the rubber o ring seals,they deterioate from skin oils. Dive watches need yearly pressure checks.

My phone. I don’t wear a watch

It doesn’t matter...I have some weird body-electric-thingy that makes all my watches stop. ?

I've heard of others like you - stay away from my house!

Try an anti-magnetic manual wind or automatic - no electronics, all mechanical.

@shockwaverider I get that, lol. My dad won’t let me near his watches/pocket watch/control panel for his light plane, etc. ? Good idea on a mechanical watch instead, I’ll try that.

I love my Samuel Neverwright. Not reliable but unique.

I'm not familiar and was unable to find them on Google. Is this a serious response? It's okay if it's not, I literally just haven't seen them and am interested. Even had to search for the Patek Philippe suggested below, and they're in the million range, just want to make sure I'm not missing it and they're ones I'd like. Thanks!

@PolyWolf It's not serious. It's just a play on 'never right', as in my watch is always wrong!

@brentan ah, nice! Sorry, I should definitely have gotten that!

A Neverwright watch must be a digital watch because even broken conventional watches are wright twice a day (sorry!).

Patek Philippe

I definitely won't be affording one of those anytime soon. My $2.5K watch was a stretch (not the one posted; that was just $150).

You have good taste....that is also my favorite watch for a man....it is something that you just safekeep for future generations...sigh I hope someday you get that watch...

@thinktwice Me too!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:234528
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.