Agnostic.com

49 5

If you were given the chance, would you like to stay a certain age forever?

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

49 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Absolutely. Getting old sucks. Give me back my prime years! 😀

@diabhal 24 to 26 is probably when I looked and felt the best.

@diabhal Touché

Yes so wanted to be in the altered carbon universe

@MrLizard nah the creator of the technology had the right idea people with money spoilt it . Trying not to Give away spoilers

No. and NO. Was driving my son somewhere, and on the radio was the announcement of the "oldest person in America (that day)", who was like 108 that day. My son says: Oh, it's so great people are living to long these days. When you're 100, I'll only be 75! We'll both still be alive, that's great! Me: No it isn't! I don't wanna live to be 100!! Son: Why not??? Me: You'll see.

I'm pretty sure the oldest person alive is 117... The oldest ever being 122 and 117-year-old Nabi Tajima of Japan, born 4 August 1900, is the oldest living person in the world whose age has been documented. The other 117year old died recently.

Hell yeah can I be 25 forever?

I'd probably get tired of it eventually

Probably be down with continued youth and longer life but not forever. Would be very dull.

I was pretty happy at 40, but a big part of that had to do with my wife, before she got sick. If she didn't stay at the same age forever, I don't think I would want to.

hmmm,
probably somewhere in my 40s.

I don't want to be anywhere forever. I guess ideally id like a normal kind of a lifespan but stay healthy and one morning wake up dead with no pain. every time I put one of my dogs down or lose a family member it knocks a little part of me away. I don't even want to imagine that even a hundredfold let alone forever.

29.Old enough to be respected, but not yet middle aged. (Now if I could get my carbon "stack" and find a group of 29 y o "sheathes" , or whatever it is, I'd be set); 29 is also a good age to be for a male in terms of, well, let's just say, libido, and leave it at that. 🙂

Interesting subject. I have a progressive disease, so yeah, I would like to stay a certain age. It would take me a while to figure out what that is, though.

Well it depends. Like I'm 23 now and I wouldn't mind being practically 25 till I'm 100+ (If I don't like old age there's always euthanasia and while a long life may be tiring there are more opportunities in it). Biologically only though. Like still able to have kids, exercise still matters (weight gain, loss possible)... Normal is working so far.

25 would be a good age to stay at forever if that were possible. Most people get plenty of sex are in excellent health and are in good shape at that age.

Certainly not. Life is a journey from the cradle to the grave. Travelling along the road of life you gain experience, knowledge, friendship. It also gets funnier the old you become.

Depends on what the age is!

Probably, y es. Maybe around 35 or so. Young enough to feel good, old enough to be sophisticated enough to brook no bull.

I like my mind today and I'm fully aware of how ignorant I was at many earlier ages. I can remember how I thought and what I thought. As for my body, I was at my best at 35 to 40. A lot of that was due to weight training. I still workout today but in limited manner.

Yes and I would choose 40.

Thirty three and half.

hard choice but I think, no, as each year has brought me understandings that I wouldn't have had if I was stuck in 'groundhog year' - Now I am nearing seventy its interesting to see the challenges. I move slower am again less certain of myself , more breathless but with 'some' wisdom of age that allows me to laugh, because nothing is so important really, also people don't take me for granted I haven't yet been helped across the road but shall I think enjoy it if it ever happens. One of my problems is that i actually look and sound a lot younger than i am so by the time i do need help I may not get it . I find it interesting though.

I would not want to be the same age 'forever' . I think living 150-250 yrs. with at least decent physical health and all that accrued wisdom would be long enough.

I used to think it would be ideal to be in my late 30s. Every age seems to reveal something new. It's nice to see what happens, so the answer from me would be, "Thanks, but I'm good."

I'd like forever as an age.

21, as long as I can still mature and grow. Young, fit, and able to drink legally.

Absolutely not..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23826
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.