Agnostic.com

19 3

What and or where, is your Utopia?

Whathappensnow 6 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There was a book written about Twin Oaks community called "Not Utopia Yet". I don't live there any more, and its certainly not perfect, or for everyone, but it is a very interesting model of one possible alternative design for human settlement that is based around humane and eco- values. Its in Louisa Virginia, probably not too far from you for a day trip.

I would settle for limbo if I can find it.

You know of course that utopia means nowhere?
A eutopia would be a "good place".

under a tree, slight breeze, reading a book, drink in hand ,girl at my side, in the summer time

Right here, right now, for the first time in my 69 years!

This winter here in Michigan is NOT my utopia.

Utopias are pipedreams. I do not envision any image of a utopia.

Binna Burra lodge in Lamington National Park. One of the few places I can make my brain turn off.

@Fanburger It runs constantly. A break is really welcome, and needed.

@Fanburger Only up to a point.

Any time spent with my daughters, a bit slushy perhaps but there is nothing that brings me greater joy or contentment 🙂

It’s residing with Sir Thomas More.

A world with my son in it. Fuck reality.

Sex, my garden in summer. you don't have to leave to escape as all weed smokers will understand.

Between my sheets..of course.

You enjoy sleeping that much???

@jlynn37 why yes, yes I do..in fact, think I'll take a nap..

My happy place is when I am dancing or when I am experiencing a rush of serotonin. Getting the rush can happen for many different reasons.
Sometimes in meditation I get to an extremely peaceful place and it is pretty awesome.
I only know what I have experienced though, not what "could be".

My weed pipe

Cause it makes wherever I'm at my utopia

Mine is something like gods' heaven or Peter Pans' Neverland, I made it up and it exists only in the minds of those who've heard the story.

I'll let you know if I ever find it. I don't really believe in it's existence.

I find a nice, natural high on the beach, or in the mountains. I guess my Utopia would be doing yoga outdoors with someone I love. That has always felt like a life plateau when it has occurred

I just asked someone else this question... Are you familiar with the duality of utopia?

Separate realities.

@Whathappensnow utopia originally, and still does mean, nothingness or nowhere. A utopian society is impossible because it is nowhere, and nowhere is an unachievable location. The book that caused the discrepancy is none other than the book, Utopia. It is a satirical commentary that was mistaken for a depection of an ideal society. So my answer has to be nowhere. It does have further implications though, like the one you mentioned.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23899
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.