Agnostic.com

58 18

How often do you self-censor? Is it hard to bite your tongue?

I'm the sort of person who has trouble not saying what they think. It just rolls right off my tongue. That's not always a good thing. Learning to nod and grin would often be in my benefit, but I find it difficult to do.

How about you?

silvereyes 8 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments (51 - 58)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not often. If it crosses my mind, you're going to hear it. Fortunately, most people are dumb enough to think I'm joking.

JimG Level 8 Feb 14, 2018

I'm told I'm very loud when I roll my eyes. 😀

I live in a religiously sensitive part of the world and sometimes I put my foot in my mouth without even knowing it so I just avoid this kind of conversation we have here - the weather in northern ireland goes down well`! Outlook changeable!

With adults, almost never, which regularly gets me into situations where people are "offended" because I just said what I think about e.g. Jesus or Mohammed or because I just said "fucking hell" or both.
Luckily I tend to live in places where currently one does not get arrested or flogged for that, but I would probably already have been killed if it was 200 years ago in the same place or even these days in Saudi Arabia.

No, but I am kind and considerate with my viewpoints.

Khmm Level 5 Feb 16, 2018

I self-censor too much, actually. I've long felt that learning to nod and grin was the tactful way to be, but I know now that it disagreements can be expressed honestly, as long as it's done in a respectful and rational way.

When I was younger, never. Now I'm better at picking my spots. Maybe I have less energy and It makes things a little less stressful.

Never. Let the chips fall where they may.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24049
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.