Agnostic.com

34 9

Have you ever had a stalker?

I had a stalker for nearly 5 years, from the age of 16 to 21.
He started out as a peeping tom, but then he started showing up at different, random places I would be.
I eventually had him arrested and moved away from that house.

That experience caused me to constantly look at windows at night, and never get undressed in any room besides the bathroom, for many years.
I also slept fully clothed for a long, long time, with a weapon by my bedside.

Anyone else have a stalker, either on line or IRL?
What did you do about it?

AMGT 8 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sent shivers down my spine reading that - I cannot begin to imagine what that feels like - so creepy - was it someone you knew or some random weirdo?

I can't say that I have. I've met weird ones that tried getting too close, too soon. But, no real stalking. That I know of........

upperclassman in med school

The experience was traumatic enough that it still has you shaken. You should look into counseling services in your area. Trauma of any sort is the type of thing that you should never take lightly. It will eat you up inside and is more harmful than the thing the traumatic experience. You don’t have to live like that and you shouldn’t. Find the nearest trauma counseling services to you and talk it out with someone who can help you cope with the anger and the fear.

Understood! I wish I knew more that could help. But do be safe and don’t let this experience control your life. @AMGT

My ex wife stalked me for years after we split up, sometimes just checking on my family and other times hacking my social media

Not that I know of, but if they're good idea never know. Have you ever had a bad stalker?

Never had a stalker, but had a mortal enemy once. You haven't really lived until you've had a mortal enemy.

I didn’t have a stalker but I had a classmate who made me extremely uncomfortable. He didn’t have to stalk me because we saw each other every day any way. At first I liked him but then I realized he was really not a good match we were too different. He started turning my classmates against me and even though he didn’t show up anywhere he wasn’t supposed to be I had to see him all the time and he just wouldn’t stop being mean rude and talking about me behind my back.
He never did it but I was always afraid he would show up.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24153
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.