Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Mother, 38, 'deliberately drowned her four-year-old daughter in bath' | Daily Mail Online

Very horrific... The mother says Jesus told her to sacrifice her daughter.

After drowning her she tried to set the body on fire.

DGJ0114 7 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

She is obviously mentally deranged and needs psychiatric help. I'm not sure how much religion factored into her mental problems, but it certainly had an influence on her actions.

The Daily is about as reliable a source of accurate information as the bible. Sad case but more to do with mental illness than religion.

Welcome to the wonderful world of religiously inspired dimentia. Not that a non deist might not do the same thing but it it happens I've not heard about it. Have you?

In 2001 Andrea Yates drowned her 5 children in a bathtub in Texas after her husband left for work. She may have been religious but she didn't cite that as rationale for her actions. She had been suffering from mental illness for 15 years and was found not guilty by reason of insanity in her trial.

This is psychosis or paranoid schizophrenia. Has nothing to do with religion.

@Druvius I was providing an example that addresses what @Tompain1 asked.

@ATDayHiker My comment wasn't directed at you, there are plenty of examples. Susan smith comes to mind.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:245111
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.