Agnostic.com

9 2

LINK GoFundMe border wall: Decrying 'illegals,' amputee veteran raises millions - CNN

They claim to have raised $8 million. Now they only need to find another $4,992,000,000 and they can have the first part of the wall, Suggest they check behind their couch cushions.

jerry99 8 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

These clowns are more than welcome to throw thier money away. Estimates put a completely ineffective wall at up to 70 billion. Contrary to what 45 claims, it hasn’t even been started yet, it will take 150 million per year to maintain. The border patrol don’t want or need it. The states don’t want it. These brainiacs haven’t considered the big picture beside thier xenophobia.

The guy who started it has a dubious history as a Conspiracy blogger on FB. Is he even legit?

No... He is NOT legit! But let the fools donate. We'll see a story in a year or two bout how the money was used for some other purpose.

Since i already pay taxes. I will not give one red cent to GoFundMe for a wall.

So, about 0.0016% raised so far!

I wonder; any donations from Mexico?

I see this just like I do church tithing. If idiots wanna spend their money... Let them do it as you will never convince them otherwise.

This wall has the same chance of being built as chances that Jesus will rise from the dead and build it himself!

So some idiot vet who lost his legs and a hand in an illegal war of occupation thinks that 68/327 =~ 21% of the population should force something on us that the majority of people in America don't want. Sorry you're disabled dude, but why don't you deal with that anger and hate in a more constructive manner? How about a GoFundMe to raise money to provide food and water for the migrant children, or better care for the children held in deportation detention camps, or donate to the VA to help homeless vets - guys who shed the same blood in the same mud as you?

@jorj Well...number one...I don't live in Israel and don't give a shit about what they do - that is a complete tangent. And yes, there are many people protesting for it to be removed - like the Palestine people who's land was stolen from them for one. Also the UN that has been against Israel's increased land grab and illegal settlement construction.

Second, I don't want to live in a walled off country, nor do I want to live in a country that fought against the Berlin wall, promotes freedom, and then build a symbol of prison and isolation on government land. If he want's to buy land, build a compound, and wall it up...let them - it's their right. Don't build it around my country. That's my one voice - which seems to be the majority opinion.

@jorj Israel is a nearly apartheid state. Not a great idea to compare the two. Except both the USA and Israel have crooks as leaders,

@jorj it won’t stop anything. Have you ever been to Texas and seen the border? Texans don’t want a wall. Border patrol don’t want a wall. Trump only wants to delivery on a spur of the moment speech he made that got people excited. Where’s the $70 billion coming from to complete it? Let me guess.. Mexico, no mother Russia or he’ll borrow it from his love Kim.

@jorj funny argument. The Berlin Wall was 27 miles long in the city and heavily guarded with shoot to kill orders. I’m pretty sure that does not compare to a 3000 mile border with Mexico.
Again, have you ever been to the Texas border?

@jorj then you know that a walk is not even possible on most of it. Are these clueless people going to empty thier pockets for the other 69 billion dollars?

@jorj so what if they empty their pockets for a Christian monument? It's the same principle - private citizens forcing their beliefs on the whole.

And essentially you're argument is that as long as it doesn't come out of your pocket, you don't care what other people do - even if that infringes on others, or imposes conditions that some disagree with....just b/c you are apathetic and it doesn't affect you directly. Not a solid argument for building one IMO. BTW - Israel and Berlin are not really good arguments FOR a wall either. One an apartheid state that treats non-jews as second class citizens, another an oppressive communist government. Is that really your go to as a real life example of the 'good' that comes from a wall?

@Green_eyes I'm with you, and from what I understand, Texas farmers and many border patrol personnel DON'T want the wall, and think it is a waste of resources. And unlike Israel that has rockets and mortar attacks, we have people crossing illegally to try and find a better life - not even close to the same comparison. Now I don't support them coming in illegally...too many legal immigrants bust their ass the right way...but the vast majority are fleeing crime and violence...not bringing it in. How about instead of funding a wall...we fund LEO/IRS to fine or imprison American citizens who break American laws and hire these illegals b/c they want the cheap labor and undermine wages? Are the politicians and the rich afraid they will have to start employing American citizens to do their landscaping or work their farms and pay a legal minimum wage?

@jondspen I get it, I came to America legally myself. Every country should be able to protect itself and its borders but a wall clearly is not the answer. I find it ironic that 45 is the first one to get people on HB1 visas so he can pay them below minimum wage and they are still caucasian to work at his resorts... even though there are plenty of local workers.
The target of these ICE raids should be the employers, not the employees. It’s up to the employer to check potential employees through e-verify. If you start holding them accountable, they’ll quit hiring.
America has a duty like all of the other developed nations to take in asylum seekers. America, unfortunately is the cause of a lot of the issues in Central America.

@Green_eyes America, via the CIA serving the banking/industrial/military corporate complex, is the cause of most of the issues in the WORLD, not just south/central America. Cause a disease for a price by one group, then sell the cure to the opposing group, rinse (launder the dirty money) and repeat. "The Imperial Cruise" by James Bradley laid out how we empowered Japan and lead to their pre-WWII power, and laid the ground work for Pearl Harbor. Interference in the mid east post WWII for oil is the root of most of the problems there today, and drug war cause the cartels to rise just as it did the mafia during US alcohol prohibition. It's the same game...people just don't realize they are getting played.

@jorj They don't build them on public government land, now do they?

@jorj So you're so apathetic and spineless to stand up for your rights, you feel that these bullies shoudl just roll over everyone? Ok...that's your life. As for me, I fight against state supported church...and when in court tell the judge I'm and atheist and refuse to swear on the bible. The judge can't force you to swear on the bible. Muslims can request the Quran...atheist can just make an affirmation w/o the bible.

@jorj A fucking wall across the southern border of the USA isn't "something so little" - that you think so is "just amazing to me".

@jorj And now we have come full circle to my initial objection to the wall - "Second, I don't want to live in a walled off country, nor do I want to live in a country that fought against the Berlin wall, promotes freedom, and then build a symbol of prison and isolation on government land."

The guy running it is a veteran amputee. However, that may invoke a feeling of good will, and it should, this guy, the mentally competent fellow has run fake news sites and profited from lies and other online neo scams.

Maybe could just ask citizen trump to chip in a billion.

And there's another GOFUNDME at [thehill.com]
to buy ladders to climb over the wall!

It is so sad he has put so much effort into a failed opperation. Has he seen the the ladders they placed over the wall. It will not be long before they dig tunnels under it!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:248560
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.