Agnostic.com

21 1

What happened after death

bonobo 3 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Remember where you were in the year 1843? You go there again.

A few seconds after death I immediately went back to the exact same place I was ten months before I was conceived.

Ever since my mom died 6 years ago, I have wondered. My mom, for example, sits in a box on my book shelf. At least the remaining ashes of her physical form. Her feelings, thoughts, strong opinions, beliefs... They live on in the people she shared her life with. In after life, all I can prove is that she is ash in a bag, inside a box.

Decomposition.
Check out Mary Roach's Stiff: Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. She has an excellent, relatable writing style.

@K9Kohle789 the apostrophe s was intended to indicate possessive. I was referring to the author Mary Roach and her book, Stiff: Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
[amazon.com]

Been dead twice...more peaceful, quiet, and far less scary than what was actually going on. Came back to pain, fear, and worry. Did Not come back wanting to save the world or any such claptrap!!! Will be at peace to go again.

I don’t know. I haven’t died yet.

the brain, which creates our consciousness, dies, so our consciousness stops existing. our bodies decompose. that's it. the end.

g

@PalacinkyPDX they crawl in, they crawl out, they play pinochle.... my grandfather used to play that but he was no worm!

g

@PalacinkyPDX excuuuuuse meeeee "jew card game"?????!!!!!
What kind of nasty racist/nazi remark was That?

@PalacinkyPDX well, my lily-white anglo-saxons played pinochle and/or canasta at least once a week amongst the family or at card parties for over 70 years. And both are Huge at Senior Centers and Board Game Meetups around the world. I guess now everything has to have a racial label? Or belong to an ethnic group? Pinochle began in France & Germany, for courtiers, according to Google, deriving from the older game "bezique". Canasta is native to Uraguay. So not so much "old jewish".......
And BTW, do you enjoy slinging around "old jew" the way some black people sling around racial epithets, because " it's okay when we say it"? Just wondering.......

Why the past tense? Are you already dead or do you think we are?

Usually decomposition starts setting in.

We cried, mourned, had a funeral, buried our loved one, and tried to navigate life without those we love.

In my case, anything useful gets harvested for organ transplants, the rest goes to the local medical school.

All I can say for sure is that there is lots of worms envolved.

Who knows? Maybe disintegration maybe ecstasy. One things for sure, we’ll all find out one day so make the most of what is in front of you now. No need to speculate on the end of things. Let the religious types ponder that one.

Does anybody believe in reincarnation?

Your just dead.

I fell through the ice when I was a kid. I awoke 3 days later in a hospital. I have absolutely no remembrance of anything that happened in between. No 'tunnel of light'. No 'pearly gates'. No nothing. (Maybe I wasn't "dead" enough?). All I remember is saying "I'm hungry!", and after the doctors got done marveling over my 're-awakening', the nurse brought me a bowl of tomato soup, a tuna sandwich, and a carton of milk. I haven't been out on the ice since. And when I still lived in Michigan, on very cold winter days, I'd get this craving for tomato soup, and a tuna sandwich!

You die.

Someone bit the dust. The worms had a feast. Birds ate the worms. Beasts ate the birds. We ate the beasts.

A very very long nap is ahead

I will never know

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:253005
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.