Agnostic.com

8 1

Is Tulsi Gabbard an atheist?

Her wikipedia page last week indicated that she was a Hindi, despite the fact that she was born in Samoa, grew up in Hawaii to Italian/German/Irish parents. There's no indication that she went to church and I can't find anything about a religion or a faith except recent stuff on her Facebook page where she talks about attending Mass with her Catholic father...

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places

GuitarDoctor 7 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

She's a Hindu nationalism supporter via Narendra Modhi nationalism scum in india

Hindi is a language not a religion. Hindu is the religion and she is free to practise it if she wishes. Why is it important to you? We should all be free to chose whether to embrace a set of religious beliefs or not......it is the compunction to adhere to beliefs that is wrong and not the free choice to do so. As far as qualifying her for office...it should be completely immaterial what her religious beliefs are.

Oops. Hindu, not Hindi. "Tulsi chose Hinduism as her religion while she was a teenager" from her wikipedia page [en.wikipedia.org]

Hinduism is a diverse system of thought with beliefs spanning monotheism, polytheism, panentheism, pantheism, pandeism, monism, and atheism among others... [en.wikipedia.org]

I think she's a non-believer that was looking for something to say at the time and she's just never updated it.

There aren't any pictures on Google about her practicing Hinduism or anything that I can find.

@celticagent The point I was making is.....it matters not a jot! So why are you so intent on knowing what she does or doesn’t practise?

Well, she certainly is interesting. I also didn't know about her before, but I learned that she is considering a bid for president. (That's why she matters.)

She identifies as a Hindu, not atheist, which makes her the first Hindu in the U.S. congress. (She represents Hawaii in the House.)

Who is this and why does she matter?

She might run for president in 2020. She's an amazing person with a lot of interests and skills. I've been following her career for several years. I would support her run for office.

Who cares? She allowed to follow whatever she wants. Just like you. I question your motives, especially given the way you set up the question.

She might run for president in 2020. She's an amazing person with a lot of interests and skills. I've been following her career for several years. I would support her run for office.

@celticagent. I concur and follow suit as my choice.

Practicing Hindu, Sir.

[newyorker.com]

Location, family, and life experiences only help decide a religious choice. Well known Hindu who like the above lady had family and location differences than chisrn religion - George Harrison.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:253016
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.