Agnostic.com

354 20

For atheists - what makes you believe no deity exists?

I became an agnostic because, from my perspective, there isn't enough evidence to prove whether there is a God or Higher Powers or not. I think atheism is based more on belief rather then empirical evidence and science, though much evidence would concur that there isn't a God.

Alright, shoot. 🙂

RYSR10 6 Sep 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

354 comments (351 - 354)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think the question is completely upside down. I think that you have presented a premise, and want somebody to argue against it. That is not how it works. Let's say for instance that you grew up never having heard about a god or religion, and then somebody asks you why you don't believe in one. What are you to say? I'd happily believe in a diety, if you were to present any form of evidence for one.

"there isn't enough evidence".?. there is no evidence. I find it interesting that when this question is asked it always refers to the Jewish god Yaweh, never to the Roman gods or the Greek gods. Of course that would be silly wouldn't it. Of course we know they don't exist.
Questions like this show that earlier indoctrination has residual effects.

Lack of evidence.

Nothing to see.....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:254
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.