Agnostic.com

17 17

LINK Donald Trump's Border Speech Gets A Savage Instant Fact-Check On Fox News

Fox is openly turning on 45. This fills me with glee!

KKGator 9 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The link seems to only feature a Shep Smith criticism of Trump. Shep has been criticizing Trump every day forever (all justified and true), so not surprising. The headline is misleading...unless someone has some clips from Hannity, Fox & Friends, Tucker Carlson, or Ingraham that is critical of Trump. I would love to see that.

Well, given that Hannity, Carlson, et all, are NOT actually journalists, and Fox isn't an actual news network, you aren't likely to see that happening.
By their own admission, they are an entertainment network.

Lord Ha Ha Hannity is still working the room though

Fox? Well, I did notice a chill here in Hell this morning.......

Wow, even FOX is going after him? He is persona non grata now even with FOX! I read a few days ago that there is only one company in the US that will make 30 foot high steel panels for that wall. It seems the company is half Russian owned. I have not been able to confirm this. Does anyone know?? A five billion dollar contract would be a big win for Putin. Another reason for keeping the government shut down is subpoenas cannot be served? Yikes!

This is nice, someone finally realizes facts are facts - doesn't make me want to watch fox. I refuse to watch it.

Smith will lose his job.

No, he won't. He and Chris Wallace are the only two real journalists on the Fox payroll.

I hope not.

I didn't watch his speech b/c I knew it would be filled with lies and half-truths. What does surprise me is that Fox didn't even spin it as absolute truth. That is really amazing given their history. I wonder if something behind the scenes is about to go down, and they are trying to put some distance between him and themselves?

When are the U.S. voters going to abandon extreme partisanship, and start discussing and cooperating on the border security issue? The open borders / open society policies recommended by the regressive leftists cannot serve the interests of U.S. citizens. The demand for a border wall is an unreasonable response to the unreasonable demands of the leftists.

Not being a leftist, I can assure you that the US does not have any kind of "crisis" at the southern border. Humanitarian or otherwise. The wall is just an excuse to put his name on another useless construction project, and appease his idiot supporters.
Sure, there's a need for supporting improving equipment and services, but wasting money on a wall won't accomplish anything.

Btw, Jordan Peterson is a blowhard. Using him as a "source" renders you completely lacking in credibility.

I love when Trumpets throw around words like compromise when they really mean "do what we want or else."

The wall should be a non-starter. Democrats have been spineless for years, but I hope their constituents make it clear that any wall funding they "compromise" on will lead to their defeat upon seeking reelection.

@KKGator

1. The U.S. and Canada both have immigration crises. These crises are not limited to the U.S.com/Mexico border.
  2. We are in agreement as to the merits of the border wall.
  3. Peterson could indeed be described as a blowhard. His viewpoints on religion are questionable, but most of his statements are accurate and supported by scientific evidence.

@Mortal NOT a 50 year low. 13 year low at best. Still far to high.
[pewresearch.org]

@PBuck0145 -- There is no crisis at the southern or northern border. The crisis is in the White House. As for the 50 year low, that's conservative. It appears that the number of illegal attempts to cross the southern border are close to being the lowest in history. There is some room for fluctuations built in there, but the numbers have dropped significantly since 1970/71.

"Apprehensions at the Southwest border in April 2017 totaled 11,127, down 71 percent from the figure a year earlier and 65 percent from January 2017, when Trump took office. We were unable to confirm that the April figure is the lowest monthly number in 40 years, as Nielsen said, though it’s likely the case. Customs and Border Protection was only able to provide us with monthly figures going back to 2000. (Fiscal year figures, however, show total apprehensions for fiscal 2017 were the lowest since 1971.)"

Lock your doors, take your Xanax, and breathe slowly.

[forbes.com]

Do you remember when the Republican Congress colluded to block everything that Obama wanted?

@dahermit I remember well. Should that kind of congressional stonewalling be institutionalized and perpetuated?

@PBuck0145 "Should that kind of congressional stonewalling be institutionalized and perpetuated?" Should or should not be, is a moot point...it has become so.

@PBuck0145 "Should that kind of congressional stonewalling be institutionalized and perpetuated?" A case can certainly be made that turnabout is fair play. In this case, moreover, the "stonewalling" is over a literal stone wall, which is a mere propaganda ploy that would fix a nonexistent crisis. The Republican party stonewalled, among other things, to deny Obama his legitimately entitled choice of Federal Court justices and a Supreme Court justice. Those seats will affect American jurisprudence for decades to come.

Savage, whats so savage about it.

I didn't write the headline.

Someone at Fox news being rational? I guess that could be considered savage.

Is this the speech about politicians building wall around their houses because they hate the voters and wish keep their families locked up? Or something like that. I couldn't stop laughing for ages, and then for me, there was the government defeat on Brexit!
What an era to live through.

Did I just watch Fox News question a Republican? Maybe there is hope after all.

Makes sense, would look pretty stupid to defend easily proven lies......

Well, then Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson are going to continue to look dumb when it falls very short for Trump.

It appears there comes a level of fictional piss-taking where even Fox news starts thinking, 'Hang on - if we don't challenge this bollocks, even OUR viewers are going to doubt us!'

As the erudite and delightful Eddie Izzard would say, "Hold on a minute!"
LOL

someone showed Faux a Mueller preview.

You know Trump is in trouble when Fox News is Fact Checking him. How long until he refers to them as "fake news" too.

His head will explode before that happens.

That's great.

The tides are turning when Fox starts acting like a real news source.

Key word here is acting...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:261929
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.