• 18 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 17 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 11 votes
Crimson67 8 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I stopped shaving about 6 years ago. But then again I'm blonde and the hair doesn't show up unless you're up close and personal. And if you're that up close and personal you better not be looking at the hairs.

depends which ones

Are those hairy pubs in Ireland? — I'm just picturing women entering barrooms armed with shaving cream and a razor, shaving off every stubble beard in sight. 😛

Yeeeessss

I shave my arm pits. I get physical hives, welts you have to measure in inches, if I shave anything else. They continue for weeks until the hairs have regrown. With all the swelling I get infected pores. To stop the welts I have to be on steroids until the hairs regrow.

It's not exactly pleasant. Not worth it in the slightest. Didn't used to happen but having autoimmune issues you never know when something will react in an allergic like reaction.

What I do, I do for me, because I like it.

Pits and legs when I feel like it.

I shave everything..except my legs in winter..ok I shave my legs once a month in winter..just the thought of a forest growing on them disturbs me no end.

Oh all you YOUNG WOMEN! Wait until you hit Peri-menopause and every bit of hair that you gained at puberty - starts to go away! The money saved on razors!

That's not always necessarily true. 😟 I'm 64 and the hair on my legs is as thick as it ever was; I get stubble within hours of shaving....if I were a man, I'd have five o'clock shadow, lol.

@marga Well color me surprised! I thought I was gonna have hair until the end of time. However the Tamoxifen I was on started this process. And my two sisters who are the same also took Tamoxifen? I guess it depends on your hormone balance? Hey at 53 I'm happy it's about once a year.

@RavenCT I wish it was that way for me 😟

@marga Yes just without the Tamoxifen/Breast Cancer thing! 😉

Spent time with my sisters overnight this Fall and both looked at my forearms and said "You've lost the hair on your arms!" - I said "You haven't?". Weird how you can miss hair you used to hate? lol

@marga Also yes - the time and cost of shaving so much. I do remember. I still don't wear skirts and dresses though! lol

Damn, thought it was a question about my head! lol

@Akfishlady Hear, hear! 😉

@Akfishlady which head?

@Charlene LOL

@Charlene Ouch !

@Akfishlady and keep that razor AWAY

@Akfishlady But than there's nothing to hold onto? 😉

I thought about shaving my pub, but the bartender threatened to cut me off if I didnt stop spraying shaving cream all over the place. 😉

Lol

Why should I have to? I mean the hair is there for a reason I suppose. Sometimes I might shave my legs and trim up my bikini area in the summer but other than that What's the point?

If I trim up down there, I will pay dearly with large painful bumps so I rarely do it anymore.

I try to shave my pits and pubes every other day. My legs? Well, it's winter and I don't have time!

I can definitely respect that routine. Must suck having to shave that much that often.

@DeanWGoodlin It does! I shave for myself, and no one else, though.

I have almost no body hair yet the hair on my head is super thick even in my 50's.

I selected pits because that is the only thing I shave with any regularity. I shave because the hair increases body odor so I do it for myself.

I have never shaved my legs above the knee and might shave my legs once every 6 months because the hair is so sparse and fine. Don't have noticeable arm hair either. I do have ONE damn chin hair that I cannot see but others can. Supposedly it is 2 to 3 inches long

As for pubes, I used to get rid of it but no matter what method of hair removal I used, I would get painful bumps that would get quite large and gross when it grew back so since it is sparse anyway, I quit bothering.

Lucky with the light body hair! I'm half bear and have to shave with a weed whacker.

Body hair never bothered me, in moderation, very hair men do not appeal to me. For many years I did not shave my legs but because the hair was very dark I bleached it. I quit doing the pits in my 20's, yeah it grossed out some guys but as a youngster there were plenty in the sea. LOL I think it's whatever one is comfortable with.

I shave my face because it is much easier to keep clean when I was younger I did have a Abraham Lincoln beard. But that was more work than shaving the whole face. Personality I prefer a natural look on women. I don't like smelly makeup and perfume I'm allergic to it. I do used unscented products.

dc65 Level 7 Feb 19, 2018

For me pubs must be shaved for oral sex

I,ve never shaved a pub ...had a few close shaves in a pub though! Couldn't resist , sorry.

That's your issue dude.

your loss sap

Electrolysis is the answer. FDA approved as 100% permanent hair removal.

@Knd502 Not only have I had it done I am a professional electrologist. So I have a slight bias. 🙂

@Knd502 The only draw back is that you have to let your hair grow out for 3-4 days so your electrologist can grab the hair with a pair of tweezers after she has treated the hair. In the hands of a good electrologist your skin will never be damaged. Electrolysis does hurt but what's a little discomfort when the end result is baby smooth skin that you never have to shave, wax, pluck/thread again.

I used to be grossed out to see a woman who had hairy underarms. After 4 years in Spain, I got over it. I prefer that the ladies shave their legs though. Pubes? You ought to have a little bit of hair there. Doesn't have to look like a forest, but I don't really like the completely bald look either.

Gotta love the guys weighing in on what women choose to do with their body hair. /S

No hair there makes me think of children, an automatic turn off.

@ScienceBiker having an opinion is all well and good. Frankly though offering an unsolicited( this was not a what do guys like thread)opinion on someone's personal choices and presenting it as a "well I want-- in a woman" automatically pisses me off. Frankly women hear what men want and are expected to care WAAAAY too often. The automatic assumption that I should give two hoots about whether a random man wants me to wear makeup/shave/go to church makes me furious. If you'll excuse me I have to go burn some bras.

@ScienceBiker loool. Don't even joke about that. My favorite thing about being single is the lack of fights. 😉 Not backing off trying to be diplomatic. You may not assume but a lot of men do. It's one of those sore spots.

@Blindbird Sorry for offering an opinion. To cause anyone on here any grief is not what I expected to do. I had an opinion and I wanted to offer it. To exclude anyone from commenting on anything here on this site seems a bit exclusive. Just my thought.

@Lincoln16 women hear ALLthe time what men want. We KNOW and frankly I'm really really tired of hearing it. Especially when it has to do with what I choose to do with my body.

@Blindbird Personally, I don't really care what men want women to do. With my lovely wife, she does as she pleases. Whether it is shaving or makeup or any other issue. She is an individual and makes choices that she feels are important. I guess that would be one of the reasons we have been together for almost 33 years.

I like being comfortable so I shave my pits and legs. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Feb 19, 2018

Wax though, because stubble is torture. I will grow my hoohoohair if he prefers a nose tickler.

I was with an American friend in Germany and he was driving. A woman was standing on the corner with a tank top and shorts and long arm pit and leg hair. He got so excited he almost lost control of the car! This guy was a character and his name was also Jack.

Here's a question for the "ladies" (women). scruffy look or not?

Big fan of scruffy. Visual and tactile.

@Crimson67 I have to laugh. I have a friend who is very close. He loves to rattle my chain and often hugs me and kisses me on the cheek (he is married and is not gay). It is like sandpaper!

@LimitedLight It's not. Mine has gotten thinner with age. He is still young, relatively, and is stiff. Funny, he is also half native American.

Personal experience from another culture perspective. I met a lot Scandinavians in the 90's mind you... they shaved their legs from the knee down. From the knee up were those golden blond hairs in their thighs, very sensual to me from the first touch. A man's perspective on a different culture.

please don't

I am a yeti. Lol. I don’t shave anything but my neck, face and head. I would have to spend a million dollars to wax everything. My privates are not typically an issue. My manhood is big and long and hairless enough that unless she needs to include my balls during oral that it’s never been an issue. I will admit that I prefer that the female I’m with be hairless as much as possible. I never had an issue with going down on a lady unless she had a rancid smell. Even a period was not always a reason to not go down. But cleanliness is a huge bonus. I would never expect a lady to go down on me if I was unclean and smelled funky.

Clear enough, not for the ladies only. Apart from the beard, they can shave as much as they feel comfortable too.

Gert Level 7 Feb 19, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26408
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.