Agnostic.com

35 3

Men... bald is not a bad thing?

Sorry I am hijacking a question for women but I always wondered why men do the comb-over.

Can someone clarify?

• 0 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 21 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 31 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 9 votes
Akfishlady 8 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nothin wrong with being bald. I quite like the way it looks.

Used to have really long hair, then one day I caught the reflection of the back of my head and saw the dreaded bald patch - aaaaarggh!! - shaved it all off - kin loved it - I have great fun now with hats and even wigs -cosplay wigs dread wigs

If I go bald, which it doesn't look like its happening, I will go with the flow. I've shaved my head for awhile and enjoyed it, air conditioning for the head. I've also grown my hair long and also enjoyed that, but here in Florida it isn't practical.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 19, 2018

I just keep it all short, same length for hair and beard. Simple. I haven't received any complaints...

A comb over is just wrong. Shows you are both insecure and stupid. Everyone can tell!

My first husband was naturally bald. You can't imagine all the people who asked me how I could marry someone without hair.

Personally, I prefer men either with a shaved head or long hair. For some reason I just don't care for the in between look.

As Dorris day sung whatever will be will be. I shaved my hair of over 23 years ago way before most men did it and I used to have long hair. I remember going to a party when I was in my twenties and standing by the sink in the bathroom with the light above my head. it really showed up how thin my hair was and what was going to happen. I freaked out for just a little while and decided right then about 38 years ago if I start going bald it's coming right off and that's what I did.these bloody stupid wigs and comb-overs just draw attention to you and make you look the insecure vain person you are. remember comb-overs start off just adjusting a little bit to start with but then you're stuck with this lifelong paranoid fight to not look bald and in the end, it gets so obsessive men literally comb their sideburns over there head. you only have to look at trump to know there's fuck all you can really do about it. the only thing I maybe regret is not shaving it off sooner. it's so much easier to live with and I've saved probably thousands on haircuts and shampoo etc.

thank you. why are you called fish lady? I ask because I keep fish is all.

Bald is a-ok! ?

The whole concept of balding is over my head. 🙂

My hairline has receded but I am far from bald. I figure I will slowly embrace the transition to having a shiny dome.

Skinhead

Depends on balding pattern - bald spot represents increased chance of heart disease.

please explain as I have never heard of that before

@Akfishlady Lots of articles dating back 20 years. Here is a newer article: [nbcnews.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26432
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.