Agnostic.com

25 6

What are you favourite roadtriping/driving music or albums?

Depends on my mood at the time, But I got to have a bit of AC/DC, Metallica, Guns N Roses and Queen. Some Michael Jackson, David Bowie and some Bruno Mars. Sing along to some Madonna maybe? lol

Ohhhhh and snacks, what snacks are we having?

Sacha 7 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Anything bob seeger

Good shout Dan 🙂

Road Trip Mix: Deep Purple - Machine Head, Golden Earring - Moon Tan, Motorhead - Iron Fist, White Zombie - La Sexorcisto, Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies, Mollie Hatchet - Beating the Odds, Black Sabbath - Sabotage, Ministry - Psalm 69.... eh..I think you get the idea.

Wow, Psalm69... musico-obscuro (but I Loved that release! - and Jesus Built my Hotrod - another cool road song) Just about everything Alien J.put out under 'Ministry' - The Mind is a terrible thing to taste? 🙂

Can I come too 🙂

@ipdg77 I forgot BOC - On Your Feet or on Your Knees! Hope that's not a deal breaker.

Limp bizkit, queen, ac\dc, nickleback, Godsmack, really just a variety of music for a roadtrip. OK, a good variety of rock!

I like it!

Still haven't heard a better driving song than 'Radar Love' by Golden Earing.

I agree but 2-4-6-8 Motorway gets the job done too 🙂

@ipdg77 Keep forgetting how many good songs they had. Also 'Roadrunner' by Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers is great.

@kmdskit3 A lot less rocky but a seminal musical period would be Autobahn

There are so many great songs to listen to on a road trip. Here's one of them.

Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
Chevelle
Seether
Staind
Incubus
Linkin Park
Metallica
Three Days Grace ... to name just a few on my playlist.

America
Eagles
Herbie Hancock

It is whatever I fancy at the time

Springsteen

Incredible string Band, Van Morrison, Leonard Cohen , The Fall, Kate and Anna Mcgarrigle. etc.

Pink Floyd. Always Pink Floyd.

Yes!

@Sacha Gotta love some Yes

Black Sabbath.Cream. Pink Floyd. Genesis. Rush.Brubaker.Coltrane. Glenn Miller.anything sweet and salty. I love the taste contrast.

Wow, nobody doesn't love some Queen for the road.. I put 32 Gbs of all kinds of stuff on my car-thumbdrive, favorites alternate between Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa and The Offspring..

Classical music after the Baroque period.

Something that goes with traffic, 128bpm ish with some teeth.
Snacks better hope some good mom pop restaurants on the way or it's gas station food.

Anything but rap and I must say that you have excellent taste in music to add more, I prefer salty snacks.

Leonard Cohen, Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, Green Day, Tom Jones, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and some Social Distortion
Snacks; lots of water, peanuts, and lots of almonds
I make about 4-6 road trips a year

My playlists are all over the map--so to speak. Nearly every genre is covered ranging from new age, to pop to country to metal, then showtunes, traditional Irish, Native American chants, some classical, a bit of rap... and that is just what I have on my phone. Spotify and Pandora expand that even further and spur of the moment choices are anyone's guess.

Snacks. That could get unhealthy, because I probably forgot to pack those, and we'll be eating convenience store junk until we reach our destination.

Good calls, all of them.

For me, the big thing is having a diverse mix.

Digital playlists, or mix CDs and tapes, you gotta keep it interesting.

Some old school funk, a little rockabilly, regfae, thrash metal, punk rock...

A good fast driving album is Shadows in the Deep by Unleased. Pre-1983 Misfits is good for driving, too.

David Sanborn, Chris Botti, Bruno Mars, Bob Seeger, Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, Queen, Marc Cohn, Pat Metheny.

A while back I used to review my broadcasts (2x3 hr shows per week) for improvements, faults and enjoyment of the music at least once.

These days I prefer talking books.

Interesting! I would be too afraid I would get too lost in them and lose all concentration

@Sacha On New Zealand roads? You're pulling my gullibility! ... one car per 50 kilometres?
😉

That all depends on the traffic, if on open road then I want it heavy, but if bumper to bumper I want mellow and relaxing

It has to be B-Tribe first cd. I drove 2 hours from Chania to Malia in Crete to a town where ratio men to women was 2 to 8. And 1 of the 2 men couldn't communicate with the women due language barrier. That music got me ready going in and got them ready coming out.

You might really like early Juno Reactor.

@Qualia thanks, I will check it out.

@GipsyOfNewSpain

@GipsyOfNewSpain

@GipsyOfNewSpain

@GipsyOfNewSpain funny story another lifetime ago I sold Transmissions on ebay having only given it one listen. Then before packing it up played it again and regretted selling it so had to buy it again LOL It wasn't easy to come by at the time.

Yeah but what was the age ratio? 2x25 yo males to 8x85 yo black skirted and bloused grannies? 😀

@FrayedBear oh no that was the other dissapointment i was on my early 40's they were 20's, 30, only one my age was the mother of a waitress i dated. So i sacrificed my age standards because they were the only lemons around and they were northern europeans so they were more mature and sophisticated than the average american. It was what it was. I suffered so much, only american i found was a gangbanger from LA and there was a puertorrican living in england. The place was ridiculous. A paradise, only Navy knew about after Air Force left the Hyraklion base.

@GipsyOfNewSpain Reading your comment brought back a memory so I went a looking. I will post up in "Traditional and Folkmusic" but this song is about a similar situation to yours. The singer songwriter I last heard nearly 45 years ago - I instantly recognized his voice. He was a prolific writer in the folk idiom particularly writing songs related to the sea. You will love the connection to you - he was a long serving British navy tar serving on submarines in the Media. The song is Sammy's Bar sung by Cyril Tawny who wrote it. Enjoy.

Anything progressive musicly

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26961
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.