Agnostic.com

13 18

The difference between dogs and cats - all you need to know

Jnei 8 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Puurfict.

Cats are great. Dogs are not. The end. (Hope I didn't go too fast for you. 🙂. )

I like them both. I'd love to have a dog but I work too many hours/am gone from home way too much. And the yard isn't fenced. I now have two cats. Jeebus, I went from one old lady cat to two less than 2 years old. What was I thinking!

@HippieChick58 yes dogs are demanding and you can't leave them like you can a cat. At one time in the past I had a cat I did a lot of travelling, sometimes weeks, and I had people stopping by everyday and leaving food and water. She was fine when I got back. Can't do that with a dog.

@David1955 The last time I took a vacation my Son In Law who works close to where I live came over and took care of the cat. He has two cats of his own, he knew what he was doing 🙂 I had a dog when my kids were young, I taught him hand signals. If I touched my ear he'd
bark. He was essentially a 4th child, just one that didn't go to school.

All animals are great! Human beings, not so much.

@Sticks48 @HippieChick58. Well, I'm not sure about that. I've had to deal with some mean looking fierce dogs in my time that I would call anything but great. There are the bane of runners, joggers and power walkers like me. Now, I've never been attacked by a cat during my jogs. They'll flee and only attack if threatened and cornered. No jogger does that. Dogs, on the other hand, will come at you because you're there.

@David1955 my dog loved adults and liked to lean against them. Kids he pretty much ignored unless they had food. I never let the dog offleash around other people, and he was only offleash in safe areas. But I know what you mean about dogs going after you because you are there. I was attacked by chihuahuas when I was growing up, just walking home from school. Why that woman let the dogs out when the kids were walking by escapes me, but i started kicking at them, damn nippy little freaks. To this day I loathe Chihuahuas.

Why I have cats and not dogs!

Love them both, but one of my favorite pets was a squirrel I raised, imp. He was so cool!

@Donotbelieve that's so cool, then you know my pain that they aren't around. He was a pain, but I sure loved the little guy!

I remember a tom cat we once owned in a house we once owned who was chased out of our neighbor's yard by their german shepherd. That cat brooded over that incident a full 24 hours until it finally jumped back over the neighbor's fence, walked up to the dog house, and proceeded to tear that shepherd a new one. It became a legend in the neighborhood after that.

My niece's German Shepherd is terrified of my sister's cat. Her cat was declawed in front.
I don't know that I've ever seen a dog slink through a room like that? Also the cat later attacked the crap out of that dog who then launched herself into the nearest lap.

Too funny. Thanks for the laugh. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Feb 21, 2018

Cats don't have owners, they have staff.

Pfft. Water gun vs. cat = end of the world. Water gun vs. dog = time to play. Cats have no sense of humor.

You may think that, but in fact the cat will remember for months afterward and extract humorous revenge at a time of its own choosing. This you're either going to find your expensive new TV gets knocked off the shelf or you'll have your eyeballs clawed out one night. Note: cats have quite a dark sense of humour.

@Jnei

Oh, my! This reminds me of the time my neighbor thought she could make my moms cat dance, even though she was warned not to. Later when sitting at the table the cat tackled her ankle and left some nice scratches. Had to laugh at my neighbor's reaction and remind her that she had been warned. She didn't try it again. 😀

@Jnei Yeah? TV? Just how big a cat are we talking here? On a tangent, I stared down a tiger once. He comes to bars and makes a face at me letting me full well know he didn't appreciate my insolence. Yeah, I appreciated the barrier. Then I told him to get some thumbs.

@Hicks66 That's what you think. Somewhere, that tiger is biding her/his time, waiting for the right moment... (and why worry about getting thumbs when you could just domesticate an ape to do stuff for you?)

@Jnei Oh yeah? Well I'm going back to the zoo, give that tiger the finger and tell him you sent me!

I like the spunk in cats!

Cats think they are gods in their own right.

Incorrect. They know it.

@Jnei oh for damn sure!!

I don't know... I always tell cats... being smart does not makes you a good pet. Cats are for girls... I choose dogs any day because I am a boy.

I know a few Cat Dads who would argue that.

Also remember as my siblings and I learned - cats are not exclusively girls and dogs are not exclusively boys.....

I have had dogs and cats. Still have cats -- by choice. Would never own a dog again

When my daughters were growing up we had both a cat and dog. The dog was the son I never gave birth to, a golden retriever. He was the BEST DOG EVER. He was cowed by my tiny 3 pound kitten. She'd groom him, that was a wicked hairball. I wanted to implant a recording device in the dog because my troubled child told him all her troubles. That would have saved me some time and energy, but I found out anyway. My oldest is trying to convince her new husband that they need a golden. He has two cats, and he's not sure on the dog thing, They have a baby coming in May. So girls do have the dogs, and guys do have cats. I love my kitty girls because they are OK with my crazy hours. When I retire I want to get a dog.

@HippieChick58 Not long ago I had a conversation with some females of the human race and they noticed that male dogs likes to give love... while female dogs want and crave displays of love. My ex GF went thru 2 females cats that really adored me... wanting to sleep on my chest... males cats never did just the females. But my daughter had 2 female cats that were adorable. There was one that if you left a door open she will go in and close the door behind, later to see her little paw trying to get it open with no luck... the other one will go to you and give you that look of... "the idiot did it again, go and open the door for my idiot sister please".

Cats are jerks, but they can be nice when they want to be. Which is probably why I adore them so much.

Yes..this! That's why I love cats..

Me too!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27141
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.