Agnostic.com

27 10

Are you frugal?

Are you frugal? Do you count your pennies? Do you save things that most people discard, so they can be used again? Do you scrap the Peanut Butter jar as clean as I do? (See photo) Is your frugality a result of your income or just who you are?

I'm frugal primarily out of necessity. It's not a problem for me, in fact, I've embraced it. I've learned a lot about myself and realize I don't need most of the stuff I use to have. As a result, my broke ass is happier today than when I had a good income and a house full of "stuff".

"Photography" Group

BeeHappy 9 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am frugal, was pretty much brought up that way. But I've refined it. I was brought up with the saying "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without." However, I had many years of abundance and got away from that. Being on my own and unemployed for a while I got back into stretching the dollars as much as I could. I make my own Peanut Butter, I cook from scratch, I sell what I don't need, I grow my own when I can, I keep my house cooler in winter and warmer in summer, I plan my trips, I use the library instead of buying books, etc. I enjoy it.

I enjoy it most of the time. Occasionally, I wish the money wasn't so tight. ?

@BeeHappy Well, there is that. If I don't think about the lack of money I'm much happier.

@HippieChick58 Yep! ?

I am frugal by nature, whether my income is low or those times when it has been quite high. I am value-driven, and as a minimalist since well before it became a thing have far fewer things than most people. I bought a winter coat on sale at Nordstrom, and still have it 15 years later. I spent a lot on my one pair of men's dress shoes, but they are over 10 years old. (I take care of them) I could go on, but frugal to me does not mean cheap. Even if limited in income you can save by buying quality items.
I do not waste food, just once in the last year and even then it was probably OK but I did not want to take a risk.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:272434
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.