Agnostic.com

7 5

LINK Marty Robbins - El Paso - YouTube

When it came to music, he was my childhood idol . . . .

THHA 7 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One of the many songs that illustrate why he was called "Teardrop".

What a great song from my youth! I knew most of the words, too. His songs often featured on the "15:05 to Nashville " , a country music show on AFN Bremerhafen. Thanks, for posting.

Anyone remember when Marty drove a NASCAR for a couple years? Went round and round for Sunday drives, never doing well, until one race, he finished 10th. At the end of the race he said don't bother, we cheated: it was a restricter plate race, meaning the car engines had a metal plate to slow the flow of gas and the speed of the car. He took his out because he just wanted to have some fun one weekend and race with the big boys.

Start at 3:50

Something that is interesting is around 6:30 in this video, he talks about dying . . . It seems his views changed from that of Christianity to that of disbelief in an afterlife.

@THHA I like the quote I was illegal I didn't cheat. If you tell the truth you are illegal but not a cheat

A regular on the grateful dead set lists.

Used to listen to this in Basic training.

But this is one of the creepiest songs ever.
A stalker kills a performer's actual boyfriend.

It is a song for chrissake! WTF . . . What you take into it . . .

@Davethecave If you say so. I found great people there.

@THHA Yeah he's white so a song about murder is ART.

What you brought into it . . . says one hell of a lot more about you than it does about him.

δου ανθρωποι παρεκυψαν εκ δεσμωτηριου ῾ο μεν εις πηλον εβλεψε, ῾ο δε αστερας.
Two men looked out from a prison; one saw mud, the other stars.

What you bring into something . . . .

@Davethecave You have been here before! Lol

@Davethecave I remember that you told me you have been to King's X! Lol

@Davethecave The Tap is a great dive bar, love it there! Juarez is cool too! Lol

I've been to Rosa's Cantina.

@Davethecave

West Texas town.

Try a guess.

@Davethecave Cantina - I cannot see the screen very well and am too proud for cheaters.

I live in El Paso, TX., and have been at Rosa's Cantina a few times

@MichelleGar1 I have the T-Shirt!

@BufftonBeotch That is so cool!!!

@MichelleGar1 Franklin Mountain State Park. Love.

@BufftonBeotch You went hiking there? I helped build the trail a very long time ago, fun times!

@MichelleGar1 We were only there a very short time. We hiked up to the cave and we took a short hike to look into Mexico.

@BufftonBeotch That is so awesome! Yeah the cave is right there! I'm happy that you enjoyed your time here! If you ever come back let me know maybe we can meet up for a drink and some food!

@MichelleGar1 OK I just followed you then.

@BufftonBeotch Awesome!!!! I will follow you too! Nice to meet you my name is Michelle

@MichelleGar1 Well that is obvious. M name is Lori.

@BufftonBeotch Lol!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:273091
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.