Agnostic.com

12 1

Is it just me

Regret. We all have it. What is yours?

Mokvon 8 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Only a couple, and nothing l dwell on. Given the risky lifestyle I led in my 20's, 30's, and 40's, thats not too bad.

My life has mostly been a series of regrets since I hit adulthood. I don't dwell on them or let them affect my life now, but I wouldn't turn down a ride in a time machine to give my younger self some instructions.

dkp93 Level 8 Jan 25, 2019

Lol. Even just to do high school again.

@Mokvon Maybe senior year, but not the whole four years!

Mistakes and poor choices, yes. Regrets, no.

I envy you.

@Mokvon I don’t see the point of regretting something. You can’t undo what’s happened. Focus on what’s ahead or fix the situation if possible.

@graceylou easier said the. Done

@Mokvon You have to make the effort to change your attitude and outlook.

@graceylou in any case it is a process. No one solution however practical can answer everything completely. In short there comes a point to accept and move on.

Being such a wimp.

Carin Level 8 Jan 25, 2019

Look at it as being smart.

many things but I can not live in them.

No regrets!! Waste of time and time is much too precious to waste

I use to consider several things regrets but I don't like to look at them that way anymore. You can't change them, right? I prefer to look at them the same as I do mistakes and or failures... they are lessons. For me... it is mentally healthier to view them as lessons because, I am much more likely to learn from a lesson than a regret.

That is a healthier way to see this world.

Can we truly say that we have regrets, after all it is not like we don't make the same mistakes over and over again. If we knew how things may pan out then perhaps but we don't. That is talking about things that are important not those pants I bought where my bum looks big in.

No, I don't have any regrets. There are some things in my history I would like to have done differently and some decisions I might have changed, but I don't regret them. Everything that has transpired during my life is what made me who I am and I'm comfortable with that.

You are the minority.

@Mokvon -- There is always a minority, my friend. Being an atheist places me in a minority. I am a part of a large number of minority categories. It's a pretty nice place to be.

Nice...

No regrets? I find that hard to believe of anyone

@Cat021958 -- Nope, not a one. I learned when very young that everything in life is to be treated as a learning experience and every risk taken is a step toward learning more. I understood as a child that not everything works as one wants, not all rewards are as great as one would like, and that the costs, no matter how small, are always too much. Regret is a form of suppressed anger and no one needs to carry that kind of baggage. So, although I can't say I am pleased with everything that has happened to me or what I've done to myself through decisions/actions taken, I am comfortable with the outcome.

@evidentialist Nicely put.

I regret that I did not take every dime I had, and buy all the Apple stock I could,
on December 12, 1980, at $22 a share.

I get that. Microsoft for me.

Thanks for the reminder....geez!! Lol

Interestingly enough, I have never purchased any Apple product.
Not likely that I ever will either.

Regrets? I have a few, but then again, too few to mention 🙂

Then you are the lucky minority.

But more, much more than this...

My favorite!

@Cat021958 All together now

"I did it my way" 🙂

not liking asparagus sooner.

That is funny.

Asparagus makes your privates stinky. Not a good choice for a lovers night out

@Cat021958 plenty of time for both.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:273780
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.