Agnostic.com

13 5

who would be likely to jump on a plane and travel 3K miles or more on the off chance of meeting a suitable lady ? I live in the UK, the USA is out of the question - too distant.

stanleybell 3 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm in an off-and on - and off - and on - and off relationship with a woman 120 miles away. Sooo glad she's that far....

I’ve flown 600 miles for that🙂

I'd like to meet that guy, because I would definitely do it.

If I did, I would approach it like a social experiment. I'd have no romantic expectations ahead of time. If we met and connected, great. If not, oh well, it was worth a shot. Either way, I'd have to really feel drawn to her to make the effort.

Seems pointless unless you want to relocate...

Done that, been there and it worked out beyond expectation.

Done it several times. Met a lot of womderful women who were amazing lovers in SE Asia and Latin America. Haven't met a lifetime companion yet, but had a few nice flings and a couple of reasonably lengthy relationships.

Some day, if my ship ever comes in, I'd like to retire in either Thailand or Costa Rica. Maybe then.

There are many retired Americans in Thailand,Bangkok,Udorn and other former US bases. Contact the American Embassy for information over there.

@Mike1947

I've met a number of them when in Thailand. They love it over there and many are happily married to Thai wives.

so you're asking everyone but straight women, eh? i'll answer anyway. i have my guy with me already but the key word here seems to be OFF. on the off chance of meeting someone with whom to fall in love? (i don't know what SUITABLE is -- i didn't have preconceived notions when i met my guy; i wasn't looking for anyone and neither was he.) no. not on the off chance.

g

I did it when I was younger.
The older I get, the more sure I am that I won't do it again.
I'm also no longer a hopeless romantic, so...

@Stevil Nope. I don't have a romantic bone left in my body, or a romantic notion left in my head.

I'm planning on a big move when I retire . . . . they would have to be willing to do it or be left behind. I hate cold weather . . . . when I retire, it is going to be Costa Rica, Panama, Ecuador, Peru . . . . I'll probably rent in several places first, then decide where to settle down permanently.

THHA Level 7 Jan 27, 2019

"Nothing ventured,nothing gained" Chances not taken,and what might have been. I get angry at myself,for possibly missing signs from Women in their interest in me,when younger,but my poor income,severely limited my dating,so it was off and on for 16 years,not until I got a better job that I was able to do serious wife hunting. 27 years married,until cancer took her away.....

I jumped on a plane back in February 2018 to meet a fellow member on West Coast. It didn't turn into a relationship. I started talking to Our_existance in May and we started a live-in relationship in August. He lived in New York State and I lived in New Hampshire. You never know. I wouldn't let distance stop me from finding love.

I would and I have.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:275085
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.