Agnostic.com

8 4

Wow ... so much hate

Today I offered a message of peace through a universal consciousness philosophy and I was addressed with ugliness and hate by so many people.

I wonder if the message evokes insecurity as an anger trigger? Thats hard for me to see because I am at such a point of peace right now that angers triggers don't even come to mind. I guess I need to consider the audience's reaction when formulating the message vice what I would consider neutral and sedate.

my bad.

JeffMesser 8 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Its easy: just keep that kind of stuff for the special interest groups--where the membership is self-selected and the content is curated--like "Dharma Café", forex.

The general boards are no place for topics like universal consciousness (not on a site like this, anyway) where an overwhelming majority of onlookers won't have sufficient background to have a start at really understanding what it's about, and very likely will react from suspicion and preconceived notions re: something that pushes their "woo" button.

There have lately been several topics popping up on the general boards which I have suggested be brought up again in "Dharma Café" for further discussion--rather than the general boards--simply because I don't think a general audience will get very far with things like "confronting the violence in one's own mind and heart", "self-evaluation", and "working with self-identification."

And that's no kind of judgment or slur, either: either you have experience with something, you speak the language, or you don't. If you don't speak the mental language of a region of thought, you're not going to have much to say about it.

I am sure you're right.

It's the clash of different spirits. Sparks fly.

kauva, I am on board with your ideas about universal consciousness. The concept goes by various names, but the general idea has been espoused by many prominent physicists, and I expect that universal consciousness will play a prominent role in the future of science.

Keep on being yourself and sharing your insights. Some people become angry if you challenge their superficial materialistic world views. They mistakenly view your insights as attacks on themselves—yet we are truly one united self as viewed from a cosmic perspective.

Endure and persevere!

thank you. your comments are always appreciated! namaste

Most people have some form of hate. I am only alive today because I have managed to get rid of most of mine. Hate eats you alive and destroys you. In extremes it can make you destroy yourself and others. Live and let live is a good way to go.

I've been going to counseling for a year now and we're working on getting rid of anger. I had a lot of it. Agree with you 100%.

A significant number of us have come to atheism through evidence based thinking. There is no evidence for universal consciousness, nor any mechanism for it known to science. That's why you got the response that you did.

No evidence? There’s all kind of evidence. You are not persuaded by the evidence—that is all.

[ecstadelic.net]

I left the southern baptist church in the early 80's and my faith was left right behind with it. For SO many years I had no faith in anything. Then my life fell apart as did my health and I was hanging on by a thread with no hope. I remembered a movie I'd seen with Bill Murray years before based on a book by m. somerset maugham - The Razor's Edge. That guy was seeking guidance from rock bottom as well. I followed what he did and found the vedas and upanishads. In secular buddhism I found faith again in the natural cycle of life. This is how I am mentally able to take that last step of acceptance to cross the mind/matter barrier you guys are stuck on. The science leads you "unobstructedly" to the precipice but you do have to take that last step yourself. I will gladly admit that. Everyone has to find their personal path there. namaste damyata datta dayadhvam

The problem you face is that most people equate the idea of universal consciousness with belief in a supreme being. I tend to agree with them. To me, an existential point of view is more realistic.

[ecstadelic.net]

Nope. No deity.

@WilliamFleming If it is consciousness, it is not consciousness. Consciousness is mental.

how do you have universal consciousness without being mind readers?

I read your bio so don't bother answering. Science hasn't found where consciousness comes from but 90% are monists which is good enough for me. I stopped looking for supernatural answers when the Easter Bunny quit on me.

[ecstadelic.net]

no, it didn't trigger insecurity or anger. it was just silly.

g

that was rude. you don't have to be rude and immature.

@kauva if you took it as rude, that's your problem. i was telling it as i saw it. as for immature, think about how you're reacting to someone's disagreeing with you.

g

@genessa I asked 3 people in the room and the general consensus was you're rude.

@kauva small sample. but who CARES? i've seen your responses. you think anyone who says boo is rude. whatever.

g

@kauva she isn't being rude, she's telling you the truth.

[ecstadelic.net]

@WilliamFleming you put up this site (ecst whatever) as a reply about a dozen times...it is a fringe Opinion site, not a scientific fact anywhere.....if ths is your "answer" you are hanging by a thin thread of Nothing. Also posting the same reply seems. Boring & kind of disrespectful....

@AnneWimsey Not really. By replying to various people they will all be notified. If I only respond to one person only that person will get notification and come back to the discussion.

It’s only fringe to you because you don’t like the idea. The likes of Planck, Weigner, Bohr, Schrödinger, Eddington, Heisenberg, Pauli, Wheeler, and Penrose have all been open to discussing the concept, and most of them have leaned heavily toward the idea.

@WilliamFleming now wait one minute... "it's only fringe because you don't like the idea" is just BS! I grew up an avid reader of Sci-Fi, and I can remember ideas like these were part & parcel....nothing has changed,.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:275599
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.