Agnostic.com

29 5

VERY FIRST ALBUM/45
Don't think I've scene this post before but what was the very first album/45 (yeah, I know, I'm old) you picked out and purchased with your own money? Seen a lot of music posts recently and it got me thinking. Mine? The Wild Cherry album with 'Play That Funky Music (White Boy). I was in 8th grade and at the time it was a pretty cool song. It hadn't become the cliche/joke that it is now.

kmdskit3 8 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Giving my age away now, "TELSTAR" by the Tornadoes 45, still got it, I was 16. first album "here we go round the mulberry bush" Spencer Davis group and Traffic, rare now, but haven't even played it in over forty years, ,,, bring back vinyl .....

I think I still have all my original vinyl too.

1st 45 was "Daddy Cool" by Drummond,
can't remember 1st album, but I bought many 45s first.

Album: was either Kiss "Destroyer" or ELO "New World Record".

45: Don McLean's "American Pie", though I received Neil Sedaka's "Bad Blood" in the school gift exchange.

Zster Level 8 Feb 23, 2018

Destroyer belonged to my sister, so I couldn't count it. The major ELO album for me was Discovery. I was in 6th grade and the album belonged to my friend's sister. Holy crap we almost wore the groove off of it!

I have "Discovery", too, and "Out of the Blue". Played all three pretty heavily. Never got to see them live though. Sure wish I had!

Shout it
Shout it
Shout it out loud! 🙂

Wow! I don't know if I can remember back that far!! The first 45 might have been Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom, or Grand Funk Railroad - Locomotion......but I believe it was Terry Jacks - Season in the Sun.

We had joy, we had fun
We had seasons in the sun... 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28084
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.