Agnostic.com

19 4

Why are religious people so judgemental?

It is baffling to me that religious folks want everyone to think that they love everyone as Christ loved them and whatnot. I have no problem with spreading the love (without the forced religion) because everyone can use some positivity...except they continually negate those who practice different religions, are secular, or anyone who is "different" in their opinion. How can people who follow a religion that tells them to love one another, also spread so much hatred and intolerance?

theblackdahlia 4 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Us and them. "Our tribes is stronger than yours is Our tribe is stronger than yours."

This is autonomic. we have no control over this. This is why religion can be so evil. Fuck us up from an early age.

Last night's conversation between Joe Rogan and Sam Harris explores this topic. Sam's comments about Liam Neeson are important for all of us.

Good talk. Thanks for posting.

It's hard to be humble when you're best friend is God.

Because that is who they are. Assholes, hypocritical and bigoted. When they knock on my door, depending on what I'm doing, I'll be glad them what I think. After a couple of minutes, they'll give up and go to the next door neighbor.

Trod Level 5 Feb 7, 2019

Because most people are religious simply so they can feel superior to others without having to actually do anything to earn the status they feel they have.

Not all religious people are the same.

Because they think in absolute concepts.
Given that divinities are above humans, you can say for sure what is right and wrong.
The flawed point is assuming gods are real, given this error, the judgemental part is a logical consequence.

my cousin is overly religious and has no problem saying people are going to HELL... with certainty. i wonder how she knows.

@irascible yea she's told me i was going to HELL... then she sends me messages on fb to have a merry xmas and thanksgiving... she didn't last year though. and says she loves me, lol

Because gawd is Extremely judgemental! Every impure thought gets noted, ferpetessake

It’s actually human nature and there’s proof that it isn’t just religious people right here on this site.

Don’t believe me then make a post about accepting someone who’s religious or one that speaks of tolerance towards trump.

Just saying that it’s human nature but sometimes we can’t see it because of our own prejudices.

judging one another is what our minds do automatically. if someone says they don't they're LYING.

Everyone likes to think they are better than others for whatever reason they can. Religious people just have an easy pre thought out reason to use, and usually a majority of people around them to agree about it.

MsAl Level 8 Feb 6, 2019

Because they are people. Show me a large group of people who are not judgmental. Please.

skado Level 9 Feb 6, 2019

that's what religion is all about. somehow the more condemned one individual is the more righteous the other.

They are instructed to condemn all who do not comply.

I think non believers are a threat to many believers because they need validation for a belief that really might not make a lot of sense to them either, but all of that brainwashing since they were children is difficult for most to walk away from. Hence, the more validation, the more comfort they find in their decision to keep the faith.IMO

Their love applies only to those who believe as they do.
Even then you'd better watch your back.

It's because they can only understand the fruits of the spirit in terms of the fruits of the flesh.

A lot of it is picking the good and omitting the bad. They do not realize there is more bad than good in the bible. They chose to ignore that fact.

It's called being a hypocrite.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:283286
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.