Agnostic.com

42 5

Top 5 fav artists ( groups and individuals)

Top 3 answers wins a box of thoughts and prayers

zeinzu 3 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It depends on my mood at the time, but usually in the top 5 (in no particular order)...

Kraftwerk
Aphex Twin
Ivor Cutler
Polly Jean Harvey
Skinny Puppy

Jnei Level 8 Feb 24, 2018

OK, Now I'm in new tunes. Pick one of those and share some of your favs so I can expand my horizons please

I so love Ivor Cutler too!

For some reason, the market that I grew up in never played Kraftwerk. I am really only learning their stuff now and am loving it!

@jacpod and @diabhal - One of my greatest regrets is I never went to hear him play live. I heard several of his sets for John Peel on the BBC, but I'd give almost anything to be able to go back in time and go to one of his gigs.

Fast forward to 32 minutes for Ivor

@Davesnothere Kraftwerk Tour de France

Aphex Twin Mont St, Michel/St. Michael's Mount
Ivor Cutler Looking For Truth With A Pin
Polly Jean Harvey Plants and Rags
Skinny Puppy Double Cross
Hope you enjoy!

@diabhal That's one of the things I love about him - he can go from silly and childlike to melancholic and then very dark in moments. I think I might listen to Life In A Scotch Sitting-Room later 🙂

Rolling Stones
Kate and Anna McGarrigle
The Carter Family
Beatles
Van Morrison
Incredible String Band

LOL lots of names I don't often see, few folks will know this . . .Thats some old folk & Country there . . .

As a Virginian - glad to see some Carter Family representing!

@Lydiaeli I love the Carter Family - own this CD

Nine Inch Nails

Tool

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Mr. Bungle

Deftones

1-Beatles
2-Led Zeppelin
3-U2
4-CSN&Y
5-REM
And, thankfully not Ted Nugent.

Damn! You all have seriously great taste in music!

It's almost impossible to pick just five, let alone to have it all ranked... At the very moment, here are five faves that I currently play a lot: (I also love classic rock, which I can always listen to):

Lord Huron
J Roddy and the Business
Lindsey Stirling
Caravan Palace
The Cars

Zster Level 8 Feb 24, 2018

would only be relevant in this moment, if you ask me later I'll give you very differnet bands. It all depends on my mood, my music taste is eclectic.

U2, Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Metallica, Sting/Queen/Elton John/Prince/Bruno Mars

Sacha Level 7 Feb 24, 2018

Battles

Animal Collective

Peter, Bjorn and John

Brian Eno

LCD Soundsystem

Hell yes!! First list I can Tooootally grey behind!! Join the eclectic music group here in groups!

Taj Mahal, The Who, Rolling Stones, Wynton Marsalis, The Beatles

looks like everyone here could find something to listen to on my I pod

Leftfield - Swords

Sons Of Science - Motherfuckin' Bike

Roni Size & Reprazent - Brown Paper Bag

Orbital - The Box

• Also, Orbital - Dr Who (Live At Glastonbury)

Future Sound Of London - Domain

• Also, Future Sound Of London - "Papua New Guinea*

Freddie Frogs et la Clique - Excuse My French

Reggie Watts - Fuck Shit Stack

OK; I can't nail it down to five.

Holy shit!! SUPERB TASTE!!! If you aren't in the eclectic music group here already, you should he be!

@Sadoi Ah, but I also like some really shit stuff 🙂

@Jnei its all good! that happens to the best of us! hahaha must fall prey to some utter bullshitery. Its the Yin and Yang of the music world! haha

The Doors
Santana
Styx
Ambrosia (the first couple of albums)
Pink Floyd

Queen, Joe Walsh, Pink Floyd, Elton John, Simon & Garfunkel.

Impossible to pick 5 top music artists. What I like depends on my life at that time. But to pick 5 out of a hat of my favorites...

John Denver
Loreena McKennitt
Bowling for Soup
10,000 Maniacs
Gordon Lightfoot

Ry Cooder
Leonard Cohen
Randy Newman
Roy Harper
Rolling Stones

I have no Roy Harper, but I got the other 4!

@Reignmond Great artist. And old hippy opened for Led Zep sang for Floyd (have a cigar). Two albums recommended " Flat baroque and berserk " and " Stormcock " the latter being one of the must have collection.

@Reignmond Just got me listening to this. His live performances are the warmest of anyone I have ever seen. This a great one. Mistakes are part of the deal, a stoner in tune with his audience.

Beatles
Pink Floyd
Eric Clapton
Led Zeppelin
The Eagles

Rolling Stones
Keith Richard
John Lee Hooker
Bukka White
Bonnie Raitt
and many more!

The Eagles
Alabama Shakes
St. Paul and the Broken Bones
Ed Sheeran
Queen

No particular order, and I have many more favorites. These are the ones that come to mind.

@Davesnotthere Add this to your "songs for the boudoir" list!

@Indubitably Now this is a find, Thanks. Nipe voice, Reminds me of someone . . .

@Davesnothere Yes, I see the resemblance. 🙂

@Indubitably lacking the fine guitar work

@Davesnothere Isn't she FAB???

@Indubitably I'm an old blues fan so shes "way down in the alley", my alley 🙂

Loove Alabama shakes!

Drive By Truckers
Ben Sollee
LCD Soundsystem
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rotating Pop Icon: Justin Timberlake/Janelle Monae/Prince/others

Love the Truckers.

@Davesnothere Thanks! What a way to start a Sunday Funday!!!

@carzaa Only recently heard the Truckers on the radio this far north

@Lydiaeli That was funny and well done, thanks

@carzaa @davesnothere got tickets last week to see them live for the first time end of March!! Wooton! Now just need a fun date. 🙂

@Lydiaeli, They will be in Chicago in April. Here is a timeless message “Ain’t got no message for the youth of America/ ‘cept ‘Wear a rubber and be careful who you screw'”the Truckers

@Davesnothere They are seldom heard on the radio in Chicago but we have WXRT who will play them once in a while. Sweet Annette was a sample song on a computer I bought back in '04' and I've been a fan ever since

@Davesnothere

@carzaa ok, yea - that's a timeless message! I'm also digging the darker but straight-to-the-point: "There's just two sides calling names
Out of anger out of fear
If you say it wasn't racial
When they shot him in his tracks
Well I guess that means that you ain't black
It means that you ain't black."

@Lydiaeli "What It Means" is a great sample of the Truckers never shying away from political topics. "American Band" is lyrically and musically very powerful.

David Bowie/ KD Lange/ David Gray/ Elton Jon/ Sarah Machlaclen...Varied mix but many more I can't think of right now.

I also need to add the phenomenon that was/is/might never have been The KLF to my list.

3am Eternal (early 1990s stadium-rave bombast)

The KLF (as The K Foundation) Burn A Million Quid
The KLF And Suffolk's Finest Anarcho-Vegan CrustPunks Extreme Noise Terror Scare The Shit Out Of The Audience At The Brit Awards
Wichita Linesman Is A Song I Heard Once
and, in their latest quasi-incarnation The Transit Kings, The Last Lighthouse Keeper

The thing I love most about The KLF is, buried deep down in amongst everything they've ever done, is a great big joke - and nobody, least of all The KLF, has any idea what it was.

Pink Floyd, Green Day, The Beatles, Elton John, The Doors, Coldplay, Boston

gater Level 7 Feb 24, 2018

The Police
Lady Gaga
Basia
Fleetwood Mac
Esperanza Spalding
and MANY more!

Lots of Tool fans here, fascinating. But I've got to hand it to TheMiddleWay for genre diversity and eclectic taste in music. Focusing on 'rock' only, my top 5 are:
1 Rush
2 Dream Theater
3 Radiohead
4 Porcupine Tree / Steven Wilson / Blackfield
5 Explosions in the Sky

Nofx
Gogol bordello
Sia
Bad brains
Tupac

Fuck, I forgot Queen. And prince is just a given. He is a god.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28345
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.