Agnostic.com

39 4

What’s the one thing I can learn from you today?

Redcupcoffee 7 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

These are not the droids your looking for.

You can't suck liquid out of a straw if you're higher than 13 feet (with a 13' straw) because earth's atmosphere isn't heavy enough (atmospheric pressure) to push it past that height.

^^Winner

13 ft above what? Sorry, sometimes my brain gets kinks in it, and doesn't perceive the obvious.

@Condor5 I'll say the ground but it may be sea level. The atmospheric pressure pushes the liquid into X when you suck the air out of the straw. But it won't work beyond 13 feet up with a 13' straw.

@KevinMR wow! I did not know that.

What if you're in Death Valley?

@stinkeye_a hmmmm, I challenge that one, depends a bit on air pressure at the spot, sea level normally about 34 feet.

@LEPeff Good question.

@Condor5 Saw it on a science show once. They actually put someone on a second floor balcony to prove it.

don't whiz on the electric fence...

All of the lyrics to the Gilligan's Island theme song.

In D&D 5e, a Half-orc rouge can do 5x damage on a critical hit, making it the most damaging character class.

My girlfriend wore half-orc rouge once. It left a nasty rash.

So 5% of the time.

*angry dwarfism action surge

Would you like to start to knit, or crochet, or sew? Would you like to make some lip balm, or soap. Soap is fun, you get to play with lye. Do you want to make a quilt? I promise if I get you hooked on quilting you will not thank me, but you also will love it. I can spend hours in fabric stores and planning. And then cutting, and sewing and pressing, and cutting and sewing and pressing again. And sewing and pressing, and sewing and pressing again.

I want to hang out @your house. You should teach classes. 🙂

I could cook for the social after the classs!

That, despite all that you see, there are still a few good people on the planet.

there are dangerous trees in Allen park. LOL

@Redcupcoffee the norway maples.

Buckeyes are useless nuts.

jeffy Level 7 Feb 24, 2018

Unfortunately, so are mine.

Remove the words I can't from your vocabulary.

If someone doesn't like you for who you are. You better off without them.

The Spitfire was impaired in negative G maneuvers due to its gravity fed carburetor.

Don't cut your grass in the hottest part of the day.

MoniB Level 6 Feb 24, 2018

@Redcupcoffee It burns the grass.

You will over heat. I almost passed out.

Never smell fingers after scratching bum !!

i could give you a 4 hour lecture on the history and relevance of the grateful dead

@Redcupcoffee ok, make it a 5 hour lecture then!

@Redcupcoffee this was their biggest "hit" 22 years into their history.

It's a very bad idea to walk through your living room in the dark if you happen to have an anvil there.

Because I don't have a garage... 🙂

Black wire to black wire white to white, unless the white is painted black, then it's hot

That there are 39.37 inches in a meter (or metre, if you prefer).

@Redcupcoffee my pleasure.

Love is the only thing that matters. True, unconditional love of self.

Thanks. It's only through a LOT of introspection, self-discovery, and experiencing unconditional love from another that I came to that place.

External fuses protect the wire from catching on fire. Internal fuses prevent the device from being damaged.

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.” ? Mark Twain

If Twain were alive today, he might say, "If you don't listen to network news, you're uninformed. if you listen to network news, you're mis-informed."

However, today we have alternative news, including Al Jazeera, TYT on youtube, Jimmy Dore on youtube, PBS, BBC, and others especially if you speak a language other than English. Now we can be uninformed, mis-informed, or confused.

That you can spend a wonderful evening with friends, enjoy the fire, the wine, life, company, love, and call it a perfectly fulfilling day, without having to learn anything.

The potato chips go in the cupboard, and the cheese goes in the refrigerator... not the other way around. Just speaking for a friend.

I'm scatterbrained. I once put my keys in the crisper.

That I'm ambidextrous.

I would be a great father if I marry a woman trying to have a son. ...my 2 great daughters are proof of my abilities

@Redcupcoffee sure if my future mate wants to take on this awesome responsibility of parenting with me but I won't do it alone unless I had a million dollars to employ mentors tutors sitters pediatricians dentists to care for my son

@Redcupcoffee yes I fully understand the long line of children in foster care ....my sister adopted 4 children on top of my 2 birth nephews and 2 birth nieces. ....I can barely afford my 2 service cats needs. .....when I marry our income will likely double while our budget for housing will remain the same thus as you posted mate and I could handle round the clock childcare

@Redcupcoffee children need food and that costs money even a genius does not have extra ca$h in retirement. ...I am not discouraging your career or adoption plans why piss on me ?

@Redcupcoffee I am a proven successful parent daughters 43&24 how is that not care giving or how is that retarded ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28368
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.