Agnostic.com

5 2

HATER: How do y'all like being called that?
Okay, I've been called a "hater" again. Just curious, does anyone know when having a "conversation" with a Theist, what is the typical time it takes until they decide that you are a "hater"? How many questions do you have to ask them, before they call you a hater? In my experience, it takes about 2-3 questions ...."which God ?" usually clues them in that I am a "hater"

twill 7 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Which god" is a valid question. I'm not fond of "body art" or "beauty marks." (Whatever happened to plain old tattoos?) I once made it plain that in my mind moles on the face are not beauty marks and I was instantly called a "hater."
Of course, I feel the same way about facial jewelry. I know people who look like Porky Pig literally. They can think it's cool, but it shows me they were trying to root under the fence and escape. Maybe they took cartoons too seriously. IDK?

It would depend. If someone uses language badly that is on them and no reflection on me. BTW when someone gets down to a one word, accusatory answer they have been depleted of ideas. Win by default. Besides, Some things are worthy of loathing are they not?

As they are so blinded by their "faith" in their God of choice, they become closed minded to opinions of others. If you do not believe as they do, then you must "hate" them. It makes no sense to me, but that's what I've come to find with most rabid Theists.

I don't give a fuck, I've been called much worse lol.

I find it difficult trying to explain to theist, anything from the other direction. When I was moving away from my religious upbringing, I felt compelled to state and defend my position. Boy! Does that take energy! I have arrived at a place, that I almost don't care what 'they' are doing over there on the 'otherside!' Now, if I see cruelity or abuse, I will need to take a stand. Some things just don't need to be proven to me or them anymore!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28475
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.