Agnostic.com

42 5

What is your, "don't get me started on . . ." topic?

Redcupcoffee 7 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments (26 - 42)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Social injustice.

How accepted torture is by the US population. I can’t believe how many people support it.

Myah Level 6 Feb 24, 2018

The orange one.

Women's rights. It is such a grossly dismissed topic particularly with men. Many of them seem to completely disregard the real world effects of institutionalized misogyny. Meanwhile we have to work harder, constantly defend ourselves AND listen to how men feel attacked by feminism.

My BIL this Christmas. After trying to maintain my civility and discussing it with him - I just let him rant about "How bad the white male has it".

Biggest Gift I ever gave my sister! rofl (When you are obviously not going to alter someone's mind - sometimes giving up is the only thing.). He has 4 daughters. I wanted to smack him.

@RavenCT ugh. They're literally convinced that losing the unfair and unearned privilege they've enjoyed for so long is a violation of their "rights". Can't stand that nonsense.

I hate Facebook. It's just so stupid. Every month it's something else. In January they were gonna shut down the government, this month the government's gonna take our guns and Facebook is there to issue people their prefabricated opinions. They are arguing about posts they didn't even write. There's no original thought at all. Every day Its something else with Trump and Hillary makes me want to scream. It's like an alternate reality where every moron is a political expert and everyone thinks they are a motivational speaker . Ahhhhh!! Trump and hillary are probably best friends in real life. I use Facebook to post pictures so my extended family can keep up with me as I stay on the road all the time. Sometimes I start scrolling and it just makes me crazy. I can't stand stupid.

Where should I start?? Guns (as I have made nauseatingly clear), our screwed up immigration policies, overpopulation, religion, food issues, the state of the environment and on. But on the other side, music, the natural beauty of my area/world, the community here and also food issues. One needs a balance in life.

Trumpery. Look that word up. His name gives him away. I'm not a fan of Dolt45 and would not walk across the street to see him. The Trumpenfurher has got to go. Liar in Chief, pussy grabber, Bozo the Klown, Agent Orange, Donnie Dousebag, the fascist and racist white supremist.
I can hardly sleep because of this bastard and I admit George W. Bush did not bother me at all.

Philosophy and the meaning of life, why my teenagers should do their chores, health care, war on drugs, the CIA, nutrition, Steven Universe

Lauxa Level 5 Mar 19, 2018

How allopathic (traditional) medicine is conspiring not to cure cancer because it's a multi-billion dollar a year business.

Religious epistemology.
Or feminism.

An atheist mentioning religion as a topic. I just walk away.

I think we all know what mine is by now.

I never can believe when i meet someone who thinks the earth/universe is only 6,000 yrs old....like" i don't mind the science that cures cancer or makes my car run, but the science of evolution and paleontology are bogus" .....you can't pick and choose! SCIENCE IS SCIENCE!!

huey Level 3 Aug 15, 2019

What can I do to get you started ?

When I hear people complain about other people complaining - especially when they use the term "snowflake". E.g. "Such a snowflake! What do they have to be offended about?"

I reply "How Ironic." - hoping that they don't catch that i'm referring to them, not the other people.

I tried once to explain to someone that getting offended ONLY because other people are offended shows that they (that someone I was explaining to) have no actual stake in those other people's arguments. If they (that someone I was explaining to) did, they'd have a more direct response to the argument other than simply being offended that the other people are offended.

"Tai chi isn't a real martial art" >_<

For me it's the old "Jesus didn't exist" argument. I know that so many non-theists want this to be true, but it's still an ideology, and not exactly true.

"Jesus" was a sort of popular name at the time of the imagined Christ. They have found about 70 graves and residence locations in the area that date to about the time of "his" is execution. Besides, the Savior's name was not to be Jesus, but Christians don't like details to ruin a good story.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28536
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.