Agnostic.com

38 7

Do you hate arguing or do you enjoy it?

I hate arguing. I stay out of aarguments. I never get into them. If I ever end up in one, I apologize and back out quickly. I then give people space. I don't like conflicts. Even if I am right and I know I am right, I don't try to prove it by making others uncomfortable and I don't use a harsh tone of voice. I learned to listen to the one that is upset, until they have stopped talking. Then I will explain from my point of view. If they still don't see reason or they don't understand me, I drop it. One day they will figure out they were wrong. If I am wrong (I'm wrong a lot) I still don't argue. I hate hearing people argue as well. I take pride in being a nice person. I did learn, never argue with a religious person who doesn't understand common sense. They just end up judging you. I don't debate theists anymore. I have more important things to do now. Do you hate arguing too?

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

WHAT DOES IT MATTER TO YOU!? Lol, I enjoy debate.

Lol.

Love arguing. Especially when it is a subject I know a little about

Hahah. Yes, nothing like a rant into the blue. Oh hell, I overlooked the tiny word : a.

I hate it as it sorts out nothing

Hate it. I don't like conflict.

Oh, I have to tell you: in German, the word Argument (accent on the last syllable) is neither debate nor fight, but the point you make in a debate. "Ein gutes Argument'" a good argument = a good point made. Germans, on the whole LOVE debating, even when it starts to look and sound a bit like a fight to an Englishman. They get a lot more animated doing it than the old school Kiwis ( New Zealander) I missed that German trait here for a long time. Maybe the young ones are a bit easier to get into hearty debates, but the old fashioned Kiwi could hardly see a difference between debate and fight. Much like old English idea of being polite. I found that a real handicap in getting into topics to any depth ... disagreement can bring out more sides to a thing, more depth.

When I was in Berlin in in 1973 it seeme d to me that the people in the bars were always talking about correct grammar it seemed like the National Pastime - I would say something (in very poor German) and then the debate about what I could /should have said raged on.

Argue? no , debate? sure

To be fair, I like arguments if I'm winning the argument. Otherwise, I generally don't go looking for one. If it's a civilized debate with someone who is simply enthusiastic to learn more, than an argument can be rather enjoyable.

I like it if there are some rules involved and we still are friends at the end.

That is interesting.

Mostly I don't like it, but sometimes I do. Argument can be used to many purposes.

I hate it, it makes me very uncomfortable. I ended a relationship with somebody that liked to argue.

Good riddance. I hate arguing.

I am just tired of it. DId it in debate in HS and college. Slipped a bit then in Law School. The did it for a living for many years. Now days it's just all trump peeps wanting to argue and it's like talking to a rock.So I just go straight to the name calling and skip the middle part. that way it's more exciting and quicker.

Lol. I don't argue on politics.

I don't even like Atheist/theist debates, Hitch being the exception. I much prefer
"preaching to the choir" events like the "Four horsemen" etc.

Okay.

You can debate ideas courteously, diferens of opinión do not haveto be contentious

Okay.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29191
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.