Agnostic.com

17 1

Where do you get your news from?

So I have a question. Where do you get your news from and in the comments below, please add which political talking head do you listen to.

For me, the political talking heads that I listen to are....
Secular Talk, aka Kyle Kulinski
Jimmy Dore
Jamarl Thomas
and Jesse Ventura on his RT show "The World According to Jesse."

I would have added Telesur to the options, but they only allow 8, and I'm a big fan of Abby Martin.

• 5 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 5 votes
  • 0 votes
sirbikesalot06 5 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I use many but my favorites are NPR while driving and PBS newshour,.

I hope none of us get our news from just one source!

Carin Level 8 Feb 18, 2019

Periodicals like NYT, WAPO, Newsweek, The Economist, Local paper. Why didn't you include printed news in this poll?

HuffPost
NYTimes
BBCAmerica
Basically anyone but network news - though occasionally CNN for politics being filmed.

Oh and NOAA for weather. They rock. I missed the heck out of them during the shutdown though the forecasts were available in other links.

Science journals for science of course.

Basically anyone online that appears more legit than the bought and paid for talking heads on tv. Helps to read more than one article to get make sure the news is legit too.

New York Times
Washington Post
Associated Press
BBC
Local newspaper
Time
CNN print

I do not get my news in sound bites.

NPR, PBS, and NBC. I also follow Robert Reich and Bernie Sanders.

NPR

You need an "other" category

"Other"

I spend probably two hours a day visiting foreign online news sites. I read British, Canadian,Irish,and Australian newspapers. Also French, and German newspapers in English.I'm also not unknown to visit Al Jazeera. It is force of habit, from having grown up next door to Canada, and watching CBC news programs. I find it's the only way to maintain a holistic perspective on the big ol' World out there.

I actually get most of my news from the radio on NPR (USA) and the BBC.

None of the above. I get a sense of the news by reading headlines from a variety of sources including the Washington Post, NYT, Drudge, Hacker News, then I browse feeds I follow on Reddit and read the top tweets on my feed.

BBC...its not on your list, why?

The truth is, after they accused some guy being a russian bot, I just stop watching their stories. And also, I live in the US.

@sirbikesalot06 Because they lied once? If that's the case, why is Fox News on the list? Also, I'm in Chicago and we can get the BBC here.

@sirbikesalot06 You don't list the BBC because you live in the US. Fair enough. Then why list RT or Al Jazeera? RT is like the Russian international version of Fox News and Al Jazeera is a straight up Saudi production.

@sirbikesalot06 I am watching the BBC's World news

I follow this chart and pick my sources from the green box on top.

I like that chart, perhaps should add some EU, Canadian, Irish and Australian outlets

@Amisja maybe so if I was a euro, canadian, irish, or aussie.

@JeffMesser I'm.a Brit...did you make it?

@Amisja nah. I stole it

@JeffMesser Well then we need to alter ot to include other worthwhile outlets

Thanks for the chart. Now I am off to see if I can figure out if the MediaBiasChart.com has a bias.

How about everywhere but FOX?

My favorite commentator is on free speech tv and Serius radio (primarily) - Thom Hartman.
I’d also add Amy Goodman’s Democracy Now

I'm sorry that I forgot to add Democracy Now. I don't watch them as much as I do The Real News Network.

I've been a Thom Hartmann fan for years. Too bad he isnt' on a local broadcast radio station near me anymore.

@snytiger6
If you’re on Facebook you can listen to his show through Free Speech TV.
I’m listening right now on Sirius Radio.

@Haemish1 Thanks. I'll check it out.

None of the above apply as I’m British. I suppose I get my news from BBC and ITV...and a variety of online newspapers...International and British. I watch BBC Newsnight and the BBC World Service...so mainly from the BBC would be my conclusion.

ITV skews right IMO. I avoid commercial news if I can. Channel 4 (weirdly an arm of ITV) skews left. I stick to BBC or CNN. My Dad watches SKY but I make him turn it off if I'm round.

@Mortal What on earth are you talking about? It is not State sponsored in the way you infer,....like a policital mouthpiece!! They are always being accused by the government of being too left wing! Most of the top brass at the Beeb are at the very least Liberals. As for religious programmes, very minimal, and only for about an hour on Sundays....more moral discussions than actual religion. They are not compulsory viewing...I’m sure the viewing figures are small, given that shopping is the number one British Sunday activity, not religious worship.

@Mortal Well at least you realise it! It might be wise not to offer opinions on subjects you don’t really know anything about then! ?

@Mortal Mr. Mortal you are wrong...The BBC is very often critical of the Government and the Monarchy. The BBC isn't state sponsered it is nation sponsered, we all pay for it. The religious shows are very low key. I think there is only 2 a week and not preachy just pretty songs and a religious service for those who like but can't attend.

@Mortal I shouldn’t have said you couldn’t offer your opinion...that was wrong of me, everyone is entitled to have an opinion on any subject. What I should have said, was it may be better to check one’s facts to make sure they are correct prior to presenting them as such. Your original remark was not couched as an opinion but as a fact. I merely pointed out that it was erroneous.

@Mortal No...I’m in the same boat in reverse! ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:292607
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.